Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok I need this answered by the 30th!!! PLEASE (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2008 at 10:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 493 Total Views
Ok so I know that I have screwed up by putting my DS in underwear. I have tried potty training him and he's just not ready. So I want to wait till he is 2yrs old. That is 3 months away.But I am not sure how messed up he will be if I put him back in diapers till I start again. I am just tired of the struggle with him. I have enough with him hitting terrible 2's. He screams when I put him on the potty and he screams when I put underwear on. I know he's just not ready. So my question is "Is my screwup enough to delay his potty training longer than what I want it to be? I mean I am def. going to start. Just did I mess this up?" I feel like a fool. I have 5 kids and this one has been a blessing but I am having a harder time potty training him, than I did with the rest. But with the big kids I did wait till they were like 2 1/2. So they were just put underwear on and go. So Help me if you can. Thanks

Click On Me!! You Know You Want To!!!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

www.thewhycircle.com/bethlord  My work from home sign up site.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/39147 Join My New Group!!!!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chatroomsandourchildren This is my yahoo group. It's to help keep parents aware of what your kids are doing on the net. Like posting nude pics of themselves and many other things. I just want parents to start asking "what are you doing?"  "What are you lookign up?" Things like that.

by on Jun. 28, 2008 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AngelHayz24
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2008 at 11:03 PM
I am in the same situation... My son is 2 and we are potty training right now... I have been letting him run around the house with no diaper on and about every 15 20  imins I take him to the potty... he doesnt alwasy go but it seems to be working fine... I think that maybe you should try that... make going to the potty a game... give him prizes when he uses it.... Stickers worked for my daughter... we had a chart in frint of the toilet and everytime she went she got to put a sticker on... soon she was just goin herself and would say mama i went potty can I have a sticker please... maybe that will work with him
4cutekiddos
by Member on Jun. 28, 2008 at 11:10 PM
Well, boys usually are ready later than girls.  Boys are ready to BEGIN potty training at 3 years old.  My baby just turned 2, shows some signs of readiness, but is not ready.  My oldest was potty trained by 3 1/2, started trying at the age of 3.  My second son was completely potty trained just before 3.  Starting too early with any child may make it harder to PT them.

skywatcher1973
by on Jun. 29, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Quoting AngelHayz24:

I am in the same situation... My son is 2 and we are potty training right now... I have been letting him run around the house with no diaper on and about every 15 20  imins I take him to the potty... he doesnt alwasy go but it seems to be working fine... I think that maybe you should try that... make going to the potty a game... give him prizes when he uses it.... Stickers worked for my daughter... we had a chart in frint of the toilet and everytime she went she got to put a sticker on... soon she was just goin herself and would say mama i went potty can I have a sticker please... maybe that will work with him
I have done stickers, candy ( one to sit on the potty, 2 to pee in the potty and 3 to poop in the potty) and a chart. I have tried it all!!! LOL

Thank you all for the answers. I think that we will go back to diapers. Pull ups cost to much. Luvs gets you more and are cheaper. And hubby don't mind changing diapers. He's not so good at potty training. So diapers it is, At least for a little while. Oh I have 5 kids 18, 18, 16, 15 and then the baby almost 21 months. Thank You all!!!

Click On Me!! You Know You Want To!!!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

www.thewhycircle.com/bethlord  My work from home sign up site.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/39147 Join My New Group!!!!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chatroomsandourchildren This is my yahoo group. It's to help keep parents aware of what your kids are doing on the net. Like posting nude pics of themselves and many other things. I just want parents to start asking "what are you doing?"  "What are you lookign up?" Things like that.

4cutekiddos
by Member on Jun. 29, 2008 at 12:16 AM
I agree!  Pull-Ups do cost a lot!  BTW....forgot to say you didn't screw up with your son.  :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)