Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My prayer was answered!!!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2008 at 9:16 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 378 Total Views
I copied this from my bulletin posted in MySpace

I will be Administering aid to sweet innocent children that have been harmed by their parents, or care providers and children born with handicaps and I was truly blessed by them when I met them. Talk about feeling blessed for what you have! They reminded me to stop and thank the good Lord for all that I have and not look at what I don't have. Some of these children can't even eat on their own, but yet they still greet you with a smile.

I am so excited to write this bulletin. I found the perfect job that will provide me with the perfect hours so I can pursue education in the radiology field. I will be working for a state owed rehabilitation center for abused and mentally retarded kids! These children are wards of the state and are looking to be adopted when they're well enough to go home. A very special friend from high school is the HR director and got me the interview so I went there yesterday for a tour and got to visit with the very special children that I will be providing care for. I am starting as a PRN which I will be covering for the nurses that are on vacation or call out.

It's considered fulltime when I only work 3 days a week for 12 hours (each day)
My heart went out to these kids when I saw them laying there in their beds hooked up to machines. Ever since I read the stories about Aiden Waller, Benjamin Sergeant, Kaleb Schwade, Camryn and many more others I knew that I wanted to be involved somehow to provide these little innocent angels with loving care. This opportunity just fell into my lap. I've been looking for a job and no one was answering my resume' posts and I couldn't understand why. I have the credentials to get a good paying job in the field that I am qualified for and yet no one was answering. And now I know why! God had his plan mapped out for me already and his plan was actually A LOT easier than my plan to go back to work part time and go to school full time. I have a 14 month old son that I didn't want to leave with someone for that long so that detail was keeping me from pursuing my dream of helping children in need. Now THANK GOD I will be doing both things with time to spare.

Thank you God, Thank you Jesus for looking out for what I truly wanted!
Children are a gift from God, don't abuse his gifts!
by on Jul. 1, 2008 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dottief13
by on Jul. 1, 2008 at 9:39 AM
wow...i am sooo happy for you !!!  This makes me , at 47, want to go back to school and get a degree in nursing...EVeryone that knows me says that it would be the perfect job for me.........I'm so happy for you and it just goes to show you that everything happens for a reason.....
I'm sure you will be welcomed there and do good for everyone....

Good Luck and enjoy what you are doing for these special kids.
TWilson22
by Member on Jul. 1, 2008 at 12:41 PM
Thank you so much I appreciate your kind words. I am so appreciative for this opportunity that has been given to me. I, at 38, have been thinking about going back to school, but was scared to be away from my youngest (14 1/2 months) but now I have the perfect arrangement and I thank God for it.
You really should pursue a nursing degree if you really, deep down in your heart, want it!! God bless
NathansMom03
by on Jul. 1, 2008 at 3:54 PM
That is awesome! Congratulations to you!!
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Jul. 1, 2008 at 8:42 PM
AWW! Congrats! I hope everything works out for you, it sounds like a great oppertunity, and I'm sure you will show them all the TLC they deserve! My prayers go out to you! *BEST WISHES & GOD BLESS!*

SYSTERANGEL2
by Member on Jul. 2, 2008 at 1:32 AM
Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  God must have put you in  this position to make a difference in someones life.  Good luck and Great job!!
TWilson22
by Member on Jul. 2, 2008 at 9:53 AM
Thank you all, please just when you think of it pray that his will be done. I want to help these kids and I want to make a difference somehow. I want to leave this earth knowing that I made a significant difference in someones life. Even if it's just one person.
Thanks again and have a safe and happy INDEPENDANCE day!
TWilson22
by Member on Nov. 25, 2008 at 9:46 AM

It's been a while since I posted this and just wanted to update anyone who is interested. I've been working with children who were abused, children who were born with MR, one child (who was perfectly normal) had gotten into his parents stash of coke and pulled it down onto his face and inhaled way too much. Children who have been born prematurely and are ventilated, One child hung himself at the age of 12 and is now 19 pretty much supported by the vent. Since I've been working here, I've known 2 children to die. It really makes you take a step back and evaluate yourself. When I heard that the one girl had passed I can't help but wonder if I really did my absolute best at taking care of her when I had to. Sometimes you get so caught up with with trying to get everything you need to get done that you don't stop to sit and read to a child. (the whole reason why I wanted this job in the first place)

You can't help but become attached to these kids and when I see or hear about one of them suffering I am saddened as if it were my own child. I recently switched to weekends and I was transferred to another building where the children are more stable. But I miss the other kids badly so I volunteered my Tuedays to go and work with the Programming department. They created a play group for some of the kids to get together and interact. It's great. But today I am going to visit one of my absolute favorites, who was transported out to St. Christophers due to Pneumonia as well. I just found out yesterday that he was out and feel so badly that I haven't taken the time to go see him after my shifts. (He's in the other house he is not stable yet)

So anyone who happens to read this please remember while you gather with your loved ones this Thanksgiving to say a prayer for the children of the world who are out there suffering silently in homes or in hospitals alone. Who aren't as fortunate as we are to be surround by loved ones. Keep the kids in mind that are forgotten about by their own families.  As sad as this sounds it is totally true. I see it week after week. Mostly all of these children that I care for don't see their parents at all. They only know the nurses, nurse techs, and respiratory techs as their family. So while we all gather around the table this Thaksgiving with our loved ones give thanks for everything we have, and the things we don't have. And also say a prayer for those children who aren't as lucky as we are.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)