Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IUD Removal...Trying to Concieve?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2008 at 8:05 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 360 Total Views

I had my IUD taken out today! And I got all worked up over nothing! I didn't even know she took it out until she showed it to me! Now that I have finally gotten my IUD taken out, a lot of you are wondering if we are going to try to conieve right away...Not RIGHT now...actually, the doctor gave me a bag full of condoms & 6 months worth of birth control pills (Ortho-tri-cyclen) but she told me if we are wanting to concieve again, I have to be off of them for 3 months before trying to convieve. And it takes, on average, 3-4 months to get pregnant, so that is 6-7 months total. Not to mention, there is 9-10 months in a pregnancy. We want our children to be 3 years apart, and our son, Chase will be 2 on Halloween. You do the math. So, we might as well not even bother with the birth control. We ARE going to TRY to wait at LEAST 1-3 months before we start "trying", but honestly, we are just going to leave everything in God's hands...may His perfect Will be done for us!

by on Jul. 10, 2008 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KalubsMommy02
by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 12:02 AM

good luck on whatever you decide!! and good luck!!

4cutekiddos
by Member on Jul. 11, 2008 at 12:10 AM
Sounds like a good plan!  Good luck!

landansmommy87
by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 7:24 PM
Yea i was going to go to the doctor to get mine out like a month ago and i thought i aint paying them 300.00 to take it out when i can do it myself.So,i found the strings and couldent pull it out so my man pulled it out.It dident hurt one bit.We are trying to conceive as well.I am thinking it will take a while because with my first it took 11 months but who knows but lets just say like you said its in God's hands because im not on anything right now so if i do get pregnant great if not thats ok too.But good luck with you're ttc

madamraven84
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2008 at 7:04 PM

amen to that! well good luck and i will be praying for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN