Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THIS LITTLE BOY NEEDS OUR HELP!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2008 at 3:38 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 338 Total Views

Ok, so someone on my friends list (annonymous) on MySpace, just IMed me, and informed me that one of her friends is doing drugs around her 3 year old son, has already had him taken away once before, when he was born & they found drugs in his system, and her living conditions are un-fit for any child. She even offered to do their dishes for them one time & found dried milk in the bottom of cups and maggots in some of their plates! Well, she did the right thing by calling CPS on them, and now their son has been taken away & given to his grandfather...BUT they are giving them a "second chance" by making them take parenting classes, and are giving them until September to go to rehab & get clean. If they complete all of these requirements, they will gain back custody of him. Sound familiar? Anyways, the boy is doing wonderfully at his grandpa's house, but just like Aiden, he could very easily be placed in his "abuser's" arms once again! We HAVE to put a stop to this, but HOW? If anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE let me know! We can't let ANOTHER child fall through the cracks...

by on Jul. 25, 2008 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2008 at 3:42 PM

I just told her that she can't give up! She needs to keep harassing CPS & do all that she can to prevent him from going back to his parents! They don't deserve him! He needs to either stay with his grandfather or even go to this woman, as a foster child! No second chances!

tricketreacy
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2008 at 3:48 PM

You did not mention anything about physical abuse, if he has not been physically abused it is not the same case...I think they should get a chance to get them selves together and then be supervised and get there child back if they go through all that then they must love him and want to change for him.   You can not judge every situation as the same as Aidens.  Yes every child deserves to be loved and cared for, but for the most part if the family is getting themselves together than dont you think they deserve that chance.  Unless the child has been physically abused then that is a whole nother story...Just my opinion.

Kim3787
by on Jul. 25, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Your friend needs to keep a close eye on this chick and report anything and everything she and the babies father (I'm assuming) are doing even slightly wrong to CPS. She needs to report them as though they are "violating there probation" and then she and the grandfather can also dispute the custody case in court because of these violations.

2009 ttc babyTTC 2baby fever

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2008 at 5:08 PM

I guess we could give them them the benefit of a doubt, but like I said before, she got him taken away once before because he was born with drugs in his system, then got him returned, and yet she continues to do meth & smoke weed in front of him! What makes you think they are going to stop this time? I garantee they are just going to start doing it again, after he is returned. It will be a never-ending chain of drugs & custody battles, and NO child deserves that! She had her chance, and she failed. They should NOT give her another chance to screw up again! Imagine what this is doing to the poor little boy! He needs to be in a stable, loving & safe home...and it is considered "abuse" according to their living conditions!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)