Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please pray for this family

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2008 at 12:55 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 549 Total Views

I know this is not about Aiden or babies, but this family needs our prayers. my sister just emailed me and told me about this boy. he was my neice's age(14-15). sometime really late friday night or really early saturday Derek-the boy shot and killed himself. the little sister who is the same age as my other neice found him yesterday in his room. As far as i know right now, no one knows exactly why Derek took his own life but please pray for their family

by on Jul. 28, 2008 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Jul. 28, 2008 at 5:24 PM

OMG, that is so sad! I pray for his family & for the girl who found his life-less body! May God have mercy on his soul...

victoriamom2007
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Just found out Derrick was 17 not 14 years old. All I know is he was diagnosed with a form of spina bifida last year after he went in for his school physical. He had showed no symptoms of it before his exam. Shortly after, he had to have surgery and was in a wheelchair for a while and his friends and everyone else started making fun of him, so he quit school. he became withdrawn. Not sure if all this contributed to his death or not. All i know is they are doing an investigation on his death.

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Jul. 28, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Awww...well, please keep us updated on the investigation!

victoriamom2007
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2008 at 8:44 PM

They said in the paper that Derrick died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. A single gun shot wound.  His memorial service is scheduled for 1 pm CST tomorrow at a church in the town he lived in (Winchester). He was cremated, according to his obituary. PLease continue to keep this family in your prayers.

hazeleyes0606
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2008 at 9:03 PM

I am sorry to hear about that. Please keep us updated. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)