Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Caylee Anthony is Dead!?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2008 at 12:47 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 517 Total Views

August 27th, 2008: (RIP Little Caylee!)

http://www.wftv.com/news/17315205/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. 

Orange County detectives were expected to meet with the State Attorney's office to discuss new evidence in the Caylee Anthony case. A source close to the investigation confirmed for Eyewitness News, that FBI test results show hair and a stain in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car belong to her daughter, 3-year-old Caylee Anthony. Eyewitness News was also told the evidence found proves that she is dead.

(Her mother & murderer, Casey Anthony, shown in middle picture!)

The State Attorney's Office also confirmed on Wednesday that Casey Anthony was invited to their office to shed light on the disappearance of Caylee. The State Attorney's Office is not revealing details about the offer of limited immunity. Eyewitness News has learned there is a time limit on that offer, however.

Eyewitness news spoke to a forensic expert to find out how investigators are able to use DNA to determine that a dead body was in Casey's trunk.

"Just putting the hair under the microscope one can tell the difference between a normal hair root and one that's been infected with bacteria after death." stated forensic expert Michael Baden.

Baden is a forensic pathologist who worked extensively on the OJ Simpson case. He also said the inside linings of the mouth and nose release fluid when they begin to decompose and that fluid can also be identified by DNA.

Casey Anthony's brother Lee said nothing when he left his parents home early Thursday morning. Attorney Jose Baez met with the family for several hours alone.

"Not going to talk about evidence," said Baez.

Casey's left her attorney's office wearing big white sunglasses without saying a word, and her attorney didn't want to talk either.

"Get off my property," he said.

Investigators from the sheriff's office and the FBI met with Casey Anthony on Wednesday afternoon at her attorney's office. Cindy Anthony was also there. Casey only met with investigators for about 10 minutes and said nothing when she departed. Cindy Anthony left later in the afternoon, followed by the investigators. An investigator went to the Anthony's home but only stayed for a few minutes.

The sheriff's office, though, is not commenting on this development and issued the following statement late Wednesday afternoon: "Preserving the integrity of the investigative details of a case of this magnitude is paramount to its successful conclusion. We are unable to comment any further on information that has recently surfaced regarding the Caylee Anthony investigation. Any future returns in regards to evidence or submissions pertaining to this case will remain privileged or exempt unless the release of such information will be beneficial to the investigation or if it becomes a matter of public record in a legal proceeding."

It was Caylee's grandmother Cindy who first expressed concern about the disgusting stench that came from the trunk of Casey's car. It came during a 911 call when she reported Caylee was missing.

"It smells like there was a dead body in the damn car," Cindy told the dispatcher.

Cindy Anthony went on to change her story and say rotting pizza was behind the smell.

Wednesday night, bounty hunter Leonard Padilla reiterated to Eyewitness News earlier comments he'd made about the decision to post Casey's bond. Padilla's nephew, a California bondsman, put up $50,000 to free Casey Anthony. Padilla said his nephew was deciding Wednesday night whether to revoke that bond.

"I was wrong," said Padilla. "The people were right that said I should have left her in there."

When asked where he thought Caylee was now, Padilla answered, "You know, the car was parked next to a dumpster. I would hate to think the worst. God, it's terrible to think she'd be at the local garbage dump. It's terrible to think that."

In an interview Tuesday night on CNN's Nancy Grace, Padilla said he doesn't think he would have bonded Casey Anthony out of jail if he had read the information contained in 400 pages of documents released related to the case.

"After reading it, I don't believe I would have talked my nephew Tony Padilla into posting the bond. And I don't think I would have come to Orlando after reading that. I mean, I'm still hoping that little girl's alive, but there's a lot of information in those 400 pages that would lead those people to believe something different," bounty hunter Leonard Padilla said during an interview with CNN's Nancy Grace.

The released court records reveal how Orange County Detective Yuri Melich grilled her, saying she could seem "cold, callous and a monster who doesn't care, who's just trying to get away with something." He told her Caylee "may not be the way we or the way your family last remembers her. We need to find out from you where Caylee is. This, this, this right now is just, this has gone so far down hill and this has become such a mess."

Casey replied, "Uh-huh." Then Melich said, "We need to end it. It's very simple. We just need to end it." Casey answered, "I agree with you. I have no clue where she is."

The documents also show Casey's parents actually led investigators to search a new depression in the dirt near their backyard pool after they had done their own search and that they had their own lawyer the day after her arrest. The documents include a poem Anthony wrote on July 7, eight days before she reported her daughter missing: "What is given, Can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies."

The State Attorney's Office released the more than 400 pages of documents Monday. Eyewitness News found out Casey wanted to give little Caylee up for adoption before she was born, but her mother, Cindy Anthony, was against it. Casey's own mother called her a sociopath and warned friends to stay away from her. Casey's ex-fiancé told detectives she had deleted more than 200 pictures of her with her daughter Caylee that were posted online.

According to the transcripts, hours before Casey's arrest one detective told her, "Caylee's out there somewhere and her rotting body is starting to decompose." Casey replied, "I know my mom will never forgive me. I'm never going to forgive myself because there's that chance that I may not see Caylee again and I don't want to think about that."

The documents also show investigators grilled Casey about what happened to her daughter, telling her after the lies she told them they were thinking either she "gave Caylee to someone that you don't want anyone to find out because you think you're a bad mom or something happened to Caylee and Caylee's buried somewhere or in a trash can somewhere and you had something to do with it."

Casey kept insisting to investigators the last time she saw Caylee was June 9. The detective told her, "The longer this goes the worse it's gonna be for everyone, everyone."

Casey kept insisting she doesn't know what happened to her except that she was last with Zenaida the nanny, who no one knows. She also told investigators she's absolutely petrified.

by on Aug. 28, 2008 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
masonsmommy107
by on Aug. 28, 2008 at 3:52 PM

that poor baby how can you kill your baby and then go party after wards she is a sick women

KierstynsMom
by on Aug. 28, 2008 at 4:52 PM

The police have NOT Confirmed this yet.. NOR do they have a body.. Let's just pray this was not right! I sent u a message on myspace.. i don't think it's fair to post this all around the internet and NO CONFIRMATION from the police..

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Aug. 28, 2008 at 9:42 PM

I am not the one who started posting this all over the internet, as soon as I logged onto MySpace this morning, my bulletin space was filled with "Caylee Anthony is Dead" posts. If you click on the link, and read the news article, it clearly says that air samples confirmed a de-composing body in the trunk of Casey (her mother's) car, and they also found a blood stain that matched Caylee's DNA & a hair sample! If that's not proof, I don't know what is! Yes, it's very sad, but at least the search for her can come to a close, and they can go ahead with the trial & her justice be done! Also, Casey is refusing to talk to anyone, because she is GUILTY!

KierstynsMom
by on Aug. 28, 2008 at 10:07 PM

http://www.wesh.com/news/17323063/detail.html  right there is the link for the video and article about the LE Saying they are NOT CONFIRMING her death and are still treating this like a missing persons case.. I'm not saying that the media didn't report this I know they did, BUT not what everything the media say's is true, The LE Should Confirm that.. before everyone starts saying it! I've followed the case from day one.. and trust me i know the way casey is acting. But i still think the cops should confirm this or there should be a body before someone say's SHE IS DEAD

MaryJane849
by Member on Aug. 29, 2008 at 9:59 AM

I really hope that she is not dead, but the situation seems to point in that direction. If she is not, then I hope that they do find her, if she is then I know that she is with God and in the arms of Jesus.

Karen
OnyxRayne
by Member on Aug. 29, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Brandi, I had come to make a post about this, but you beat me to it. This is just so sad what happened to her.

To those who want to know more about little Caylee, here are some more links:

http://www.local6.com/news/16989128/detail.html  (Lots of news coverage vids detailing the progression of this case)

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2008/08/28/rest-in-peace-caylee-marie-anthony/  (a website that has been following this case since the beginning, where I first heard it from. BEWARE, as the main blog page does have planty of child abuse stories(bring tissues) but they don't limit language so you can talk about how pissed off you are at the parents.)
(Brandi, do you know if Aiden has a story on the Dreamin Demon site? If not, I have an account there and can write one up if need be, or just copy/paste from this page)

http://s539.photobucket.com/albums/ff359/sheeshabells_2008/?action=view&current=Caylee0508.jpg  (Link to a very sweet picture that someone made in her memory. She has said that it is welcome for anyone to use.)

http://www.wftv.com/video/17324201/index.html (Another news site detailing the case)

Also, attention should be paid to the grandmother, who seems to be helping her daughter hide...something. (This isn't me being biased, I have seen the vids/read the articles from numerous sources.) It seems a little strage that there is all this evidnece that her daughter killed her grandchild and she still defends her. Here's a quote:

Cindy Anthony: “There is no developments.”

Reporter: “Well they’re saying now that Caylee is dead.”

Cindy Anthony: “No they’re not.”

*shakes head*

LiviGracesmom
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2008 at 10:09 AM

It certainly does seem to suggest the worst, but I agree.  The police have not confirmed her death, and as mothers we need to hold out some type of hope for freaking humanity in this case.  This was a little girl like the little girls we have at home.  This was a child that laughed and clapped and cried when she was sad.  This is a little girl who's mommy didn't want her.  Think about the impact of that on a child who wants nothing more than mommy's love.  Think about how happy our daughters are to see us, to hug us, to have us talk to them.  For God's sake, I clipped my baby's nail too short yesterday and made her bleed.  I had a virtual breakdown.  I can't even comprehend what it takes a person, a MOTHER to hurt her baby so much it kills her.  If this woman hurt her daughter who has touched so many in these last months, it is unthinkable.

OnyxRayne
by Member on Aug. 29, 2008 at 10:13 AM

To those of us who really have nothing better to do, I found a live feed mobile cam set up outside the Anthony's house that refreshes every ten seconds.

(This very second, the garge door is open and someone is backing out, streets full of reporters.)

Here's the link:

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/live/mobilecam2.html

KierstynsMom
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Yes they use it to show when Casey leaves the home and such.. U can join the group Where is caylee anthony and get ALL Kinds of links all day. I have researched this case since day one and thre is alot more too it than alot of people kow!

Quoting OnyxRayne:

To those of us who really have nothing better to do, I found a live feed mobile cam set up outside the Anthony's house that refreshes every ten seconds.

(This very second, the garge door is open and someone is backing out, streets full of reporters.)

Here's the link:

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/live/mobilecam2.html

hannahelizabeth
by Member on Sep. 4, 2008 at 8:47 AM

first off who waits a month to report the baby missing second how is she going to live at home and her parents not notice their granddaughter is missing theirs a cover up here somewhere

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN