Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Motherhood: Day 360

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 12:06 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

We have co-slept from day one cause he wouldn't have it any other way.  He is a big bed hog most times but I love how he will wake up in the middle of the night and crawl over to find me and flop his head on my shoulder, throw his arm over me and go back to sleep.  Motherhood,...annoyed he wakes me sometimes but I always go to sleep with a hug and a smile, seems to make it all better.

This morning he cracked me up.  He ripped one vicious fart. Smiles. Throws the blanket over his face. Kicks his feet.  Pulls the comforter just below his eyes. Laughs.  Throws the blanket down chest high and laughs again.....Then started playing peek a boy with me and dad.  We have played it with him, but that was the first time he ever initiated.  It was so cute.  Motherhood,....Finding the simplest things beyond funny.

We tried to take his Halloween/birthday pictures.  He was not having it.  He was grumpy, mean, obstanent and frustrating.  We didn't get one good picture.  Make me even more annoyed.  The incompetent photographer didn't take his picture when he was being cute.  Last time I listen to dad and go cheap.  I'd rather spend $100+ and get something I want than cheap and waste all our times.  - - - - Don't you know once we got him out of his costume and out of the studio he was smiling and laughing.  Motherhood,....They never do what you want when you want.  LOL.

I have always been afraid of dropping him.  Strange fear but has always scared me.  Today I am walking up to a friends house.  Diaper Bagover one shoulder, baby in one arm and bottle in the other hand.  I trip over a 1 inch curb.  1 inch curb, dumby.  I knew I was going to fall.  I knew I was going to fall and I had the baby in my arms.  My only thoughts.  Make it a few more steps, so when we fall it will be on the grass not the concrete.  Just a few more steps !!!  Shift your weight so you don't fall on top of him.  Gotta make sure I fall on my right shoulder !!!  Brace him in my arm so he doesn't go flying or land too hard.  Wait, I got to protect the other baby too.  Holy Sh_t, just a few more steps, now shift to the right, throw out my shoulder, flip to my side, slow down, hold him tight !!!  We landed on the grass.  I skinned up my shin, whacked my knee, whacked my shoulder hard, big bruise the top of my foot and a sore wrist.  I am lying on the grass, my wrist, knee and foot is HURTING. He,...He,....laughed.  Motherhood,....scares the sh_t out of you at times.  (~And your pain is their amusement.  LOL)

He must of noticed my friends baby can walk cause tonight he has taken to trying.  He seems intent on figuring it out.  He gets half a dozen steps in before he falls on his bottom.  More than he has ever attempted before.  He should be walking by Christmas.   Motherhood,....Didn't know time could pass by so fast !

preview image   preview image

littleboy.gif   

by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mattbabysmom
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Lovely...just a day in the life of a mom!!! Congrats on your baby boy and your pregnancy!!!!

preview image

preview image

preview image

Juliannamommie
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 9:37 PM

that was such a lovely post! =] very beautiful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)