Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aiden's Mother's TRIAL...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:17 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 654 Total Views

Tina Richards was back in an Effingham County courtroom today on child abuse charges for the second time this year.

Richards is accused of abusing her son Aiden Waller earlier this year. She was already convicted and sentenced in February to 20 years in prison for a 2007 child abuse charge. 

The judge asked Richards if she was in fact guilty and she responded through her tears and sobs, "Yes, sir."

The judge sentenced Tina to 30 years to run concurrently with her 20 year sentence. Once she finishes prison time, she will then serve 10 years probation.

The plea came after negotiations between Richards' attorney and the Ogeechee Judicial Circuit. Michael Muldrew, assistant DA, told the court that baby Aiden's head and face were disfigured but has since healed but his brain remains injured.

Baby Aiden is now out of the hospital.

There were no family members or Aiden supporters in the courtroom this morning.

(More information tonight at 6 on WTOC or www.wtoc.com)

--On behalf of Aiden's support group, we would just like to say that we found out about Tina's trial the night before, therefore none of us could make it, due to such short notice, and we were not aware of any details. We were told that the trial itself was supposed to start at 9 AM this morning, but Tina did not enter the courtroom until several hours later & the trial itself only lasted about 10 minutes. We were also told that the GAG order is still in affect until ruled otherwise, but it has been confirmed that his prognosis is not very promising & that he is still in need of many many prayers, and needless to say...a MIRACLE! (Tina will only serve 30 years TOTAL in prison, but she will be up for possible parole in 7 years or so. Phillip, Aiden's father, does not have a trial date set but we will keep you all updated!)

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:20 PM

30 years is NOT enough! Especially if she gets out in 7! *JUSTICE FOR AIDEN*

KymmiW
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:32 PM

I am VERY dissapointed! if this trial was scheduled way back when when it should have been, this whole story would be fresh in everyones minds and she would get it soooo much worse! ughh I am so annoyed..

MaryJane849
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:44 AM

This is still such a sad case. I wish we could know what she did to him. His face was disfigured, what an animal. I still pray for a miracle that Aiden will recover completely.

Karen
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Dec. 18, 2008 at 11:01 PM

It is going to take a MIRACLE! We were just informed that they do not expect him to live much longer. It's all in God's hands now. PLEASE continue to pray for him! May God's perfect will be done! (He is the ultimate judge. Aiden will get the justice he deserves!)

navywife26
by Member on Dec. 19, 2008 at 12:25 AM
This is so sad. I think Tina only admitted guilt because she wanted precious little Aiden to suffer an be in pain all the time and unfortunately it sounds like he is. I am praying that God will punish her and do what is best for Aiden.
MADJGNLAW
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:09 PM

Keeping little Aiden in my prayers.  It is such a tragedy when a child comes into this world and has to suffer.  I just don't understand, I don't understand why these children are not protected enough.  frown mini

Quoting ALiLBabyPHAT18:

It is going to take a MIRACLE! We were just informed that they do not expect him to live much longer. It's all in God's hands now. PLEASE continue to pray for him! May God's perfect will be done! (He is the ultimate judge. Aiden will get the justice he deserves!)

mjandaj
by Member on Dec. 29, 2008 at 7:19 AM

It is sad that she isn't getting a whole lot.  I am happy that she is getting something.  I hope that with her parole comes up, they won't let her out.  She is really fucked up in the head, Aiden is going to suffer for the rest of his like because of her.

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Dec. 29, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Quote:

by mjandaj on Dec. 29, 2008 at 7:19 AM It is sad that she isn't getting a whole lot. I am happy that she is getting something. I hope that with her parole comes up, they won't let her out. She is really fucked up in the head, Aiden is going to suffer for the rest of his like because of her.

We are going to do all that we can to be sure she doesn't get out, when that time comes, and I honestly don't think they will grant her parole anyways. This is how we feel: "Tina only got 30 years in prison, but Aiden is the one who got life"...

4cutekiddos
by Member on Jan. 7, 2009 at 9:10 AM

"judge sentenced Tina to 30 years to run concurrently with her 20 year sentence. Once she finishes prison time, she will then serve 10 years probation."

So really, she has 50 years and then when her prison time is done, she will be on probation for 10 years.  She should have gotten life!  If (I pray not) Aiden passes, will she be charged with murder? 

4cutekiddos
by Member on Jan. 7, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Quoting 4cutekiddos:

"judge sentenced Tina to 30 years to run concurrently with her 20 year sentence. Once she finishes prison time, she will then serve 10 years probation."

So really, she has 50 years and then when her prison time is done, she will be on probation for 10 years.  She should have gotten life!  If (I pray not) Aiden passes, will she be charged with murder? 

Nevermind....I just realized that it means that she will be serving both sentences at the same time!  That's a bunch of bull!  I cannot believe she's practically "getting away" with this!  She should have gotten the 30 on top of the 20 to total 50.  I sure hope she doesn't have anymore children when she gets out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN