Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is cps so screwed up!!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2009 at 10:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 386 Total Views

ok so i'm sure your all wondering what i'm talking about! my nephew daniel has been abused by his parents and he was sexually abused 2 years ago by his babysitter. i told my sister last year to let me take her son and she wouldn't do it. we were at my neices birthday party eating cake and she just up and started beating him in front of me... i snapped and almost beat the crap out of her i told her she needed to stop enough was enough. she left with my nephews and went back to where she lives and didnt speak to me for about a week. now this time her boyfriend hit my nephew in the mouth and broke his tooth and then pulled him down the stairs and continued to beat him. in turn my aunt was watching daniel 2 weeks later and she saw the marks and bruises on his whole back and stomach. she did the right thing and called the cops. my sister in turn got daniel taken away. my mom currently has placement of him and will for the next 8-12 weeks. then my sister gets him back!!! argh!!!! i feel she should NOT get him back at all and she thinks i'm a b****! i told her to give the social worker my number and that i'll take him and raise him in an enviroment where he'll be loved and cared for not beaten and mistreated and unloved! she wont do it because then her child support and daniels ssi checks will come to me instead of her! why is it that god will give a beautiful child to someone like her she does have another son and she's 5 months preggo!!!! why wont the system up there take those kids from her?! i always thought cps was there to protect our children not put them back where they'll be mistreated!!!!!i am including in this a pic of his back so you all can see now mind you this happened 2 days before x-mas and my aunt saw this on 1-5 so most of the bruising went down and if you look on the right side of the pic you will see handprints and scratches all down his back!!!!!! i wish i knew what i could do to help him but no one is letting me in!! God Help my nephew to get through this and please help my sister in getting the help she needs!!! AMEN!!!

by on Jan. 15, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mattbabysmom
by on Jan. 16, 2009 at 11:19 AM

That is so terrible!! I will be praying for your family, but especially for your nephew.

So she has another boy? Does she hit him also? Is the boyfriend the father of all the children?Is he getting social security? Is he special needs?

preview image

preview image

preview image

willismommy
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2009 at 9:59 AM

yes my nephew gets ssi. and no the guy is not the father of daniel. yes she has another son and a baby on the way and no they dont hit the other son he's andy's not anyone elces. if you catch my drift.

Juliannamommie
by on Jan. 17, 2009 at 10:03 AM

BUMP wow =[ something needs to be done here that is so awful to see she doesnt deserve to be a mom!

willismommy
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2009 at 8:05 PM

i'd hate to say it but at least i'm not the only one to see it that way!!!!

Razzy
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Does your nephew get any special help outside of the home?

My special need son has a program where someone comes at least once a month, she has been a great help to me..if he does have some type of program like this maybe see if u can have them help you, other wise I would just keep turning her in, maybe CD will catch on

lovingmamma01
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:35 PM

OMG it makes me so angry that parents take their anger out on their children like this. NO CHILD regardless of their behavior deserves to be beaten. These are memories that they will carry for the rest of their lives. Just pray that they don't carry out this kind of abuse when they reach adulthood. SOMEONE has to protect your nephew. Whether it's you, your aunt, mother, or whoever else is willing to do so. It doesn't matter if you have to continue to call the cops on your sister. At this point, your nephew (and the one on the way) should be your priority. Don't let the system get in your way. Keep on it. It is unfortunate that CPS puts children back in the arms of those who didn't deserve to have kids in the first place.

willismommy
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2009 at 2:15 AM

i agree with you 100 % !!! And him carrying this to his adulthood is the most scary part!!!! I also agree with you on people like her having kids and the most screwed up part to me is the fact that those who desperately want kids can't have them then you get monsters whom can't stop popping out kids!

Quoting lovingmamma01:

OMG it makes me so angry that parents take their anger out on their children like this. NO CHILD regardless of their behavior deserves to be beaten. These are memories that they will carry for the rest of their lives. Just pray that they don't carry out this kind of abuse when they reach adulthood. SOMEONE has to protect your nephew. Whether it's you, your aunt, mother, or whoever else is willing to do so. It doesn't matter if you have to continue to call the cops on your sister. At this point, your nephew (and the one on the way) should be your priority. Don't let the system get in your way. Keep on it. It is unfortunate that CPS puts children back in the arms of those who didn't deserve to have kids in the first place.

Aiden 1-10-04   Bradley 4-9-07

ashleylynn86
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 7:43 AM

you know i will NEVER understand why this happens and is ALWAYS happening.. why do they put the kids back in the home do they think in just a few weeks the parent(s) are going to get better?? i mean.... i'm i crazy my father only hit me once.. and dragged me across the house.. i went to the hospital*only 12 now* the cop came in asked my mom if she wanted him to go to the house to get him and she said NO i will never forgive her for that because i swear to god my husband OR anyone at that puts a hand on my child...they my not get as lucky as the cops coming to get them.. i'm a very umm i guess i would put it blount person.. i would be on the phone everyday with cps and the judge whoever you can get a hold of that day and never give up.. get all of yall to do it!! because it looks like yall are the only hope that little boy has before something serious happens..i wish you luck!! and please let us know how things are going

masonsmommy107
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 10:24 AM

my nephew was in foster care and we went for a visit with him and it was summer they brought him in the room and he had long sleeves and pants on he was burning up so my sister in law took his pants off because he had a onesie on and they're were scratches and hand print bruise on his leg and she rolled his sleeves up and there were scratches on his arms she asked what happened and they said it happened at daycare and they never asked questions at the day care or any thing and then he got moved to a new foster family and the bruises stopped and if he got a scratch or something we would get a full explanation of what happend that just goes to show how much dfacs cares and i will pray for your nephew and that either you or some one else that loves him will get custody of him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)