Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Animal Cruelty...(UPDATED)

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:46 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 439 Total Views

My Daddy, little brother Dakota, Travis, Chase & I left for Virginia Thursday afternoon. My dad's chihuahua puppies were left at my dad's house with an automatic dog food feeder & waterer. We recieved a phone call just hours ago from my older brother "Chuck", who took my neice over to look at the puppies, and when he got there he heard a 'banging' noise coming from inside the house. Not knowing what to think, he knocked on the door, and a 17 year old neighbor boy answered. He said, "hold on a minute!" before opening the door. My brother walked in, and the boy immediately left, walking home. There was blood everywhere, and suprisingly no barking dogs. One puppy was found dead, still warm & not yet stiff. The other had his tounge hanging out and was acting very strange. The tan puppy seemed to be ok, and was safetly sleeping in their basket. Their mother & father were hiding. After discovering this, and calling us, my brother walked over to the neighbor's house. He confronted the boy's parents, and claimed that my 13-year old brother had asked him to feed & water our dogs which wasn't true. We believe that the boy kicked, threw, stomped, squeezed & beat my dad's 6 week old puppies. We still do not know why he was in my dad's house or why he hurt the puppies, but we are going to pursue a police investigation, and will be charging the boy with breaking and entering & animal cruelty. My brother burried the one puppy for us, since we will not be back in Georgia until Monday, and the other puppy is still not doing well. I know this may sound rediculous, but please pray for the two remaining puppies and also for the puppy's parents. They seem to be traumatized, and very frightened, especially the puppy's mother. I still just can not comprehend how anyone can harm a sweet innocent child, baby or animal!

PICTURES & UPDATED IN RED, IN REPLIES!

by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Just days before the incident...RIP little guy! <3

MadysonsMom1207
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 6:39 PM

those poor little guys!  =(  Tha breaks my heart....i will keep them in my prayers!

gmkamm
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:00 PM

That is just horrible.  DId your older brother call the police after it happened.  How the heck did that kid get in your house.  That boy is sick.

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Feb. 15, 2009 at 1:54 PM

My little brother admitted that he did tell the boy to check on the puppies for us, but he obviously should have asked our dad about it first & now he is taking it very hard. My older brother did not call the police after this happened, but I agree that he should have, but we will take care of it when we get home tomarrow. We are definately going to press charges & have him mentally evaluated. I will keep you all updated...thanks for the prayers!

ashleylynn86
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 7:57 AM

you would think if a 13year old broke into your house they would take something not hurt a puppy and he only hurt the little ones that couldn't do anything.. that shows how much for a well you know that he is.. this is to sad!!!!  ALL THIS CRAP MAKES ME WANT TO STAY IN JAPAN!!!! i have always wanted to adopted but can't really afford it.. as of now.. but MAN..

masonsmommy107
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 10:10 AM

those poor little puppies i hope the hurt one getts better

MaryJane849
by Member on Feb. 18, 2009 at 3:15 PM

That is absolutely disgusting, it would take a lot for me not to beat him in the ground for that. I would not wait too long on contacting the police, if you do not have any evidence, then they may not do anything unless he admits to it. I would at least have your brother make a police report.

I will keep the babies in my prayers.

Karen
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Feb. 20, 2009 at 1:13 PM

The boy is 17, not 13, my little brother is 13. But unfortunately, when we got home Monday night, we found the 2nd puppy dead. He had a broken neck. The 3rd one (the only tan one) is doing just fine- we named him "Lucky". We also discovered that the boy stole my dad's pistol & my brother's Playstation 2. He admitted it, but still denies ever hurting the dogs. We are pressing charges & the boy is going to boot camp, and is going to be mentally evaluated.

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Feb. 20, 2009 at 1:20 PM

This is the puppy we found dead (broken neck) Monday night.

Thankfully, this one was unharmed. We named him "Lucky"...

MaryJane849
by Member on Feb. 23, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I am glad to hear that justice is going to happened in this situation. I am so sad for the babies that died.

Karen
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)