Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parents, 2 children test positive for cocaine

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2009 at 5:50 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 575 Total Views

JACKSON, Tenn. (AP) — Two Henderson County parents have been charged with child abuse and neglect after their two children tested positive for cocaine.

Henderson County Sheriff's Department Capt. Brian Roberts says 19-year-old Kristina Hart and 22-year-old David Hart were arrested Thursday. The parents are divorced and do not live together.

Roberts says someone reported the Hart's children, both under age 3, were being abused to the sheriff's department and the state Department of Children's Services in February.

Doctors tested the parents for cocaine and also found "a high amount" of cocaine in the children.

Roberts told The Jackson Sun cocaine may have been transferred to the children through breast-feeding or milk from a breast pump.

___

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/mar/07/parents-2-children-test-positive-cocaine/

by on Mar. 7, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:12 PM

How horrible!

ashleylynn86
by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 10:47 AM

this would lead me to think that there are SO MANY!! people out there having children that just aren't ready.. i'm i know if i can do it anyone can do it.. i got pregant at 17 and then kicked out of my parents house with nowhere to go.. i'm met the man of my dreams, and we are not statiolned in Japan, with my 3 great kids that are 4,2 and 1.. had them all by the age of 21.. SO IF I CAN DO THEY CAN DO IT..no it isn't easy but no one ever said it would be.. but to think of drugs around my children.. NO WAY!!!!!!!! i even make my husband smoke outside because my 1year old has asthma.. man i just want to slap every parent that does this.. grrrr..

momaholly
by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 2:21 AM

thats just awful....its stuff like this that made me stop watching the news at all a long time ago.. it just kills me seeing all the horribl;e things that people are doing....its like you cant watch the news without hearing about this kind of stuff every single day:-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN