Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helpful Tips for Spouses and Other Family

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 8:42 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 433 Total Views

I thought it might be helpful to all of those still undergoing HG if some of us survivors collected ideas and things that our spouses and other family members did for us that was helpful in our time of illness. Please think back and add what you remember to our list.

by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LuvMyChloe
by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM

My husband would go out to eat and wouldn't cook.  He took all phone calls.  A couple of my friends brought rice over when I could stomach something.  My mom and MIL would just come over and sit.  My MIL would knit while I layed on the couch.  It was so nice to have someone there.  My mom would also come over to clean my house.  My BIL, who is a fire fighter/paramedic said that if he had known how sick I was he would have come over with a bag of water and set up an IV.

PhoenixFire
by Surviving with GP on Jul. 4, 2011 at 4:07 PM

My DH did a lot of the cheater meals for himself and our DD. I remember being shut away from everyone. He really had to man up and take care of stuff, and I am so glad that he did.

PhoenixFire
by Surviving with GP on Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:54 PM

DH would allow me to be by myself most of the time in a cool, dark, scent free room that he kept pretty clean for me. He would actually message me on FB because the computer was about the only company that didn't make me sick. That was how he would check up on me and find out how my day had been.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)