Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Green River

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 490 Total Views

We just moved to GR and I hope this site isn't an indication of how hard it is going to be to meet new friends.  I have an almost 4 year old daughter and am basically a SAHM. I worked before we moved here and so it has been very hard to stay at home all day and not know anyone. I don't know where to look for play groups or activities. I would love to meet some friends and for my daughter to have some play mates.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyOf2In307
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Hi, I live in Green River as well. I'm also a SAHM. I've lived here for 9 years. It's a great place to raise kids and there are lots of activities that you and your child both can be involved in. The Rec. Center is a great place to start.

I'm sorry this reply is late since you made the first post back in Sept.... but better late than never, right? How are things going for you now in December?

ChevellesMom06
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Oh Wow thanks for the reply!  Ya it's January now--been here 4 months and am as miserable as ever. It's just not home.

How old are your kids?

Gingerella
by on Jan. 6, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Hey, I'm in Rock Springs and have lived here for 5 years (except for a brief move to Louisiana) and I like it. It is hard to meet people but I do belong to a great playgroup. We have a yahoo group site and we meet twice a week currently....in RKS but in the summer we met one of the playmates at a park in GR. Anyways, let me know if you want more info. I know how hard it is to meet people and make new friends. :)

Ginger
AlexDakotasMom
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2011 at 4:36 AM

Crystal What is up lady I didn't know you were on here! When did you leave the paper? Hows everyone doing in your house?

But on to the original post! If you wanna meet some new people the CDC has a play group that they do two times a week on Wed & Thur. one is in the am and the other in the afternoon birth up to 5 are welcome.  Also you can go to the library during story time, not sure on the times I don't go but I have a couple ladies I know who go.  Also like Crystal said the Recenter, they have swimming lessons every 3 mos. right now there is one going on a new one will start in Feb. & March then begin in June through August.  You can also check in the sports they offer soccer indoor & outdoor, mini cheer camps, mini sports camps, karate.  I've lived here my entire life all you've got to do is look around and you'll be able to find stuff.... Rock Springs just put in an aquatic Center at the Recenter it is awesome and there still adding on.  They also offer ice skating and hockey and other activities for kids and adults over there.  Anything else I can prolly answer for ya!

**BORN 9/22/05**9 WEEKS PREMATURE**WEIGHING 3lbs4oz & 3lbs11oz**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)