Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't know what else to do. Please Help.

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 9:58 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

I was wondering if anyone know the rights to children in Indiana? There is a boy that I know that lives in an abusive home. There r 5 children in the home and he is the middle child. He is 14 years old and he is the only one that is abused. The 2 oldest children help to join in on the abuse which I think is because that is what they have seen all the while that he was growing up. He always remembered being treated this way. He has tried praying every night asking god to help his family and still there has been no change. He started dating my daughter a year ago and started confiding in us to what was going on in the home and made us promise not to tell anyone. He told us about how his dad pulls him out of bed in the middle of the night and beats him for no reason. His family is always telling him that he is worthless and is not going to amount to anything. When he was 4 his dad took him outside and told him to read this book and for every work he got wrong, he got hit on the ass with a board and he couldn't even read yet. And worste of all he had attempted to commit suicide and when his attempt failed, his dad said that he was so pathetic that it didn't even know how to kill himself right. That made me sick to my stomache. How someone could say that to their child is beyond me. Well I have tried to talk to him about letting me turn it in, but he said no because that if he told and they didnt take him away that as soon as they leave his dad will beat the shit out of him. He told us that no one loved him or cared about him and he began spending alot of time with us and became like a part of our family and his family HATED us for this. He has begged us to let him come and live with us, but we know his parents would not allow that. Well someone had turned his family in for abuse and they believed it was me and because of this, his family told home that if he ever talked to any of us again that they would disown him. So the next day he went to school and was talking to my daughter and his sisters ratted him out and when he got home, they yelled at him and told him that it better not happen again. So the next day he told my daughter that he was sorry, but he couldn't talk to her because he didn't want to get in trouble again. So I had contacted the mother and asked her why she was doing this and she lied and said that him not talking to us was his choice. Well now he is very suicidal, they have cut off all of his communication with us so now he has no one he can talk to and we can see that he is shutting down. In the meantime his family is trying to poison his mind by telling things about us that is not true so they can get him to think that we hate him or don't care about him. I am afraid for this kid. When social services talked to him, he was afraid to tell them the truth because he knew they wasn't going to take him away. Well not knowing much about the law, I would like to know does anybody know what a child's rights are in the state of Indiana? I don't know what else I can do to help this child. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Diann

by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN