Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Boy killed... My heart is just breaking.

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:39 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 682 Total Views

Galveston, Texas - At about 9:00 AM local time Tuesday morning, Jesse Zaro and his wife were driving in Galveston near Seawall Boulevard and Ferry Road to go birdwatching. They stopped when they saw something that looked like a doll on the side of the road. Curious, Mr. Zaro got out of the car to see what the object was, and then “became ill, cried, and nearly collapsed.”

What Zaro found was a dead baby boy, probably between three and six months of age, with blond hair. He was wearing only a diaper, and had obvious head trauma. A carseat lay about twenty feet away. When he had calmed himself, Zaro went back to the car and told his wife what he’d found. He tried to flag down a truck, but his wife found her cell phone instead, so the couple dialed 911.

Police aren’t yet sure how the baby’s body or child seat got to where they were found, although they think the baby may have been tossed from a moving vehicle. The Galveston County Medical Examiner’s Office has the baby’s body for autopsy and identification. Police say they will consult with the University of Texas for possible footprint identification of the infant.

Sounds like another Baby Grace/Riley Ann Sawyers case has come to Galveston. I’ll update as information comes in. Thanks for the tip to our commenter eyezblue!

UPDATE -  The baby boy’s mother has identified him as hers.  She went to Galveston from her Alvin home Tuesday evening and underwent police questioning.  The mother called police after becoming worried that her baby’s father had not returned home with the infant after leaving the home with the baby about 5:00 AM on Tuesday.    The four-month-old infant’s corpse was found just four hours later, and Travis “TJ” Mullis,21, hasn’t been seen since.    Police are not confirming the identity of the child pending a medical examiner’s report.

Mullis is considered a “person of interest” as he was the last person seen with both the baby and the carseat.  Mullis was last seen driving a silver, four-door, 2002 Hyundai Accent with duct tape on the rear passenger side door handle and Texas license plate 067-RJP, and no baby carseat in it anymore.

blkids22.gif

Happily_Married.gif

And one angel up in heaven  

by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyn2
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 6:23 PM
OMG!!! How sick does a person have to be to do this to such a precious little baby!!!! That poor baby!!! I feel sorry for the mother.You are right we as a nation needs to do something to stop such horrific abuse happen to precious children.
lilysmama22
by Group Admin on Jan. 30, 2008 at 10:42 PM

as terrible as this is, thank you for posting it. I heard about this on the news this morning, and I cried when I heard about it. These are the terrible stories that drove me to create this group, and this motivates me to want to do everything I can so it doesn't keep happening.

Maybe if we had all come together 6 months ago, instead of right now, this poor baby may be alive today. Its just so sad, and I am determined to save others from a fate like this!

Wife to Larry                                         Mommy to Lily

kellysp6637
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2008 at 10:45 PM
Damn monsters!  I'm so sick of children being hurt by "adults"  what the hell is wrong with people???????????  Sometimes,,,I wonder why I even watch or read the news? 

I hope that creep gets exactly what he deserves.
hotma1418
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2008 at 12:01 AM
omg... that is sooo sad. my son is 5 months old and i am watching sleep in his swing. i couldn't imagine ever doing anything like that to him or any other child. it is cruel.

~Sarah~

mom_to_3_boys
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 12:09 AM
HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO AN INNOCENT BABY!?  I AM SADDENED AND ANGRY ALL AT THE SAME TIME....THIS MAN SHOULD BE THROWN FROM A CAR. THAT POOR POOR BABY, MAY HE REST IN PEACE....
madmomof5
by on Jan. 31, 2008 at 12:18 AM
i have heard this on the news. It breaks my heart!  I  don't understand what parent could do something like this! 
I feel just awful for the man that found that baby too, him and his wife must be so devastated!

Come and sign my guestbook!

gymfan87402
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2008 at 12:51 AM
OMG!!  When will this ever end!!!! I am so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, God why does this continue to happen, God please do something!! Not another child! No! No! No!  I know I shouldn't question God but I become really sickened by precious babies being abused and murdered!  I just makes me love my 2 yr and 13 yr old even more and give them all the love and hugs and more hugs to them!  I would have been glad to take that little boy and raise him myself!! To give him a loving home!!  But he is now back in God Jehovah's arms and the angels are now his caretakers!! He is getting all the love and attention in Heaven!  Rest in Peace here on earth but he has the everlasting life now in Heaven!
hannahelizabeth
by Member on Jan. 31, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Quoting mommyn2:

OMG!!! How sick does a person have to be to do this to such a precious little baby!!!! That poor baby!!! I feel sorry for the mother.You are right we as a nation needs to do something to stop such horrific abuse happen to precious children.
wow i cant imagine hurting a child aare mine being hurt by someone
cantrell101
by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 1:35 AM
This is in my area so I am hearing a lot about it. Galveston is still trying to recover from the baby grace case from last month and then this! So sad :(  They still haven't found the father who is the person of interest. They are also looking for him for another charge where he told an 8 year ols girl in his trailer park to pull down her pants. This man needs to be caught and never be out of jail for the rest of his life!
TWilson22
by Member on Feb. 17, 2008 at 9:27 PM
Didn't the father turn himself in when he was in PA? I thought I saw this on the news maybe the end of Jan. He ended up here in PA..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN