Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abuse or Discipline? What do you think?

Posted by   + Show Post

Recently I wrote a post asking for advice or pointers on how to discipline my soon to be 14 year old autisic son for when he goes into one of his fits of rage and can sometimes get physical, and there was one reply that really stuck out to me and kinda floored me. The following was one of the replies that I recieved. Please tell me what you think of this. Do you think this abuse or discipline?

by Lucky_Charm3 on May. 16, 2008 at 9:37 AM

My answer is not going to be popular and I may get bashed but, I did it, and it worked.

My oldest, 18, was 14 at the time. We got into a minor argument over her sherking her chores. She kept getting louder and louder with me. I asked her to go to her room so we could both calm down. She stood face to face with me and said no. She said, "what are you going to do if I don't" I told her again, go to her room. She pushed her body up against mine, causing me to lose my footing. She then balled her fist up.

I beat her ass! I beat her as if she were an adult. She has never, ever crossed me again in that manner. And my now 14 year old has never even attempted.

Both my kids talk to thier friends about it, how they know not to cross me, Jess jokes about how she may be bigger, but mom is stronger.

And before anyways says it, they are not afraid of me, they tell me everything, come to me with things that I do not want to hear as a matter of fact!

by on May. 16, 2008 at 3:35 PM
Replies (11-12):
koolest_mom_of4
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I would stop and hold my kids or sit on them before I beat them especially before I beat them up like a adult in my  mind its was a bit much

Ashers_Mom2007
by on May. 29, 2009 at 6:42 AM

Honestly if she is telling the truth that she did get into a fist fight with her kid, that is the only thing I image with she beat her ass. Unless she really meant she took that 14 year old over her lap and spanked her on the ass hard. Now fist fighting abuse, spanked unsure something you kinda have to see for yourself to say if its child abuse.

Also she is lying to herself when she says her kids are open with her. I knew so many parents that think this, really believe it but since I was the BF's with them I knew the truth. Even my mom believed she knew everything about me and she didn't. I will never assume my son is telling me everything.

And I wish you the best of luck with your son, my niece has a form of autisim and wow at 12 year old she is very hard to control at times.

If your a mother that wishes to be apart of saving children from the horrible death of being forgotten in cars then please join my group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/patrolyourparkinglots
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)