Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising the roof against child abuse....Really!

Posted by   + Show Post

The website for our 4th Annual “Build It For The Children” charity home is up and running once again. Last year we managed to raise $182,000 for abused children and a lot of the thanks went to all of you for voting on the home finishes each week as the home was being built! Please help me again this year by going to the website (www.Builditforthechildren.org) for the next 10 weeks and voting on the finishes, cabinetry, countertops, flooring, paint colors, etc. that you would like to see in the home. There will be a new design item to vote on each week.

Please forward this website to your friends and family. When the sponsors see how many people are visiting the website they donate more and higher end products to next years home! You actually raise money for these abused children just by visiting the website and voting! Thanks for your help last year and I hope we can set a new record this year!

by on Jun. 13, 2008 at 6:04 PM
Replies (11-12):
Julianne301
by Group Owner on Oct. 10, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Quoting Julianne301:

Thanks!  There is now a new post which is "sticky" to keep it where we can see it.  Please keep us updated on Timothy and any changes or updates.  I, for one, am very interesting in seeing the outcomes of All in this situation.

Here is the link to the new post:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/36269/boards/read/4652811/_Changing_Laws_About_Child_Abuse

This has been changed from a "sticky note" to the announcement post at the top - Helpful Links & Posts. 

happytonia5
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 3:43 AM

i have a  question or a few

does anyone know  if there is a  law in iowa that says anything about

spanking a child with anything other than a belt is illegal  ?

the other thing i need to know is does anyone know of any website

that actually lists all the mental signs and symptoms or changes of emotions and physical abuse ?  they now have niqi diagnosed with disattachment disorder

i thinks its called. but i know its not that at alll i have read up on that alot. i know its from  the stuff from them abusing her ! 

i need proof for court ! and a lot of it too.

it will be so much easier if i can find a detailed list of the signs of physical

and emotional  abuse. i have looked all over the net and i keep only like

3 to 5   in each list and each site lists different stuff.

i have been looking for days. and i just cant keep reading on this pc for the rest  of my life my eyes are burning and  hurting bad.

i  hope my eyes  dont pop out of my head like some cartoon   freak

thanks so much for any ideas

tonia

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN