Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick People out there huring babies

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 11:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 340 Total Views

Please check out my latest journal entry about this...

Leslie Holeman
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
newmommie
by Group Admin on Jan. 29, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Read it, and yes, but that is just 2 out of 100,000's of cases like that every single day in this country.

Unfortunately, it's a lot more common than you think.  And it happens much, much more than the news tells the general public.

lesliegail22
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Quoting newmommie:

Read it, and yes, but that is just 2 out of 100,000's of cases like that every single day in this country.

Unfortunately, it's a lot more common than you think.  And it happens much, much more than the news tells the general public.

I know its common but each time I hear about a case it still hurts the same and this being a"common" issue is the problem...

Leslie Holeman
newmommie
by Group Admin on Jan. 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Quoting lesliegail22:

Quoting newmommie:

I know its common but each time I hear about a case it still hurts the same and this being a"common" issue is the problem...

And yes, that is the problem!  I get about 20 cases a month.  So do my 8 co-workers.  And that's just my parish! (county)

menmygurlz
by on Mar. 15, 2009 at 12:21 AM

How do you handle hearing about those cases...go home and not want to just hold your child and not let her go? IT has to be hard for anyone who works in CPS to not want to pull your hair out when you keep getting disturbing cases like these. You are a stronger person than I. It would be very hard for me not to shoot the sorry sick SOB's who do horrible stuff to babies and children.Hope that doesnt make me sound like a violent person.

Quoting newmommie:

Quoting lesliegail22:

Quoting newmommie:

And yes, that is the problem!  I get about 20 cases a month.  So do my 8 co-workers.  And that's just my parish! (county)

newmommie
by Group Admin on Mar. 17, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Quoting menmygurlz:

How do you handle hearing about those cases...go home and not want to just hold your child and not let her go? IT has to be hard for anyone who works in CPS to not want to pull your hair out when you keep getting disturbing cases like these. You are a stronger person than I. It would be very hard for me not to shoot the sorry sick SOB's who do horrible stuff to babies and children.Hope that doesnt make me sound like a violent person.

Quoting newmommie:

Eh, you never know what you can handle until you are actually in the situation.  As for the bolded part, yes this is true.  That is actually why I tend to spoil my child which drives my dh crazy!

No, that's not violent, that just means you have a heart.  Believe me, I feel the same way, I just have to keep those feelings inside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)