Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can I do (UPDATE)

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 7:40 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 469 Total Views

My 2 year old nephew talls me how is grandpa hits him in the back and in the head with a wooden hanger. He is absolutly terrified to go over there. He screams and kicks. its so sad I cry everytime I see it. Well his mom gives him to us to watch usually we have him for 5- 10 days at a time. she doesnt provide anything for him when he is here we do. She works fulltime and this is why she sends him here. But sometimes she just sends him over to his grandparents on his dads side. Well his dad is just out of jail and really has no interest in the child. When they were together, they are separted, he was so mean to him he would drag him around as toss him into time out and things. So my sister is sending him there from mon-thurs. of next week. I am so mad. To me that is neglectful in so many ways. what can I do. there isnt really any bruises i can take pictures of just the things he says and does. There is a bit more to all this but i dont want o just sit here and do nothing. I want him i will take care of him he loves being at my house, I want to protect and i cant. Im not his mom

SO I GOT MY NEPHEW THE OTHER NIGHT TO SLEEP OVER. WHEN I WENT TO GIVE HIM A BATH I NOTICED MARKS ON HIS ARM I LOOKED CLOSER AND BOTH ARMS HAD HAND PRINTS ON THEM. ,(THEY WERE BRUISED) SO TODAY i TOOK HIM TO CPS SO PICS COULD BE TAKEN, IM VERY OVERWHELMED WITH EVERYTHING. I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT I STARTED I JUST KNOW I WAS TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING I STILL HAVE HIM AND MY SISTER WILL FIND OUT TOMORROW. I KNOW THIS WILL BE THE END TO OUR RELATIONSHIP FOR A WHILE. BUT WHAT WAS I SUPPOSE TO DO? ILL KEEP THIS UPDATED BEST IM ALLOWED.

by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
newmommie
by Group Admin on Feb. 24, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Have you talked to the mom about your feelings?  Is there any way you could babysit the child instead of having him go over there?

aurorabear
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 12:19 AM

iv talked to her many times about it. i have no clue why she sends him there, I live 40 mins away so if i sit then he stays at my place til her day off

Quoting newmommie:

Have you talked to the mom about your feelings?  Is there any way you could babysit the child instead of having him go over there?

beckyshoobiloo
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Just need to clarify is the mother your sister? 

newmommie
by Group Admin on Mar. 2, 2009 at 10:21 PM

The next time there are bruises, you should think about calling CPS.  You don't have to give your name, even if you do, they won't tell who made the report.

aurorabear
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2009 at 8:22 PM

the mother is my sister.

Quoting beckyshoobiloo:

Just need to clarify is the mother your sister? 

aurorabear
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2009 at 8:23 PM

its not so much bruises just more the things he says and the way he acts. Iv never seen a child so terrified to go somewhere.

Quoting newmommie:

The next time there are bruises, you should think about calling CPS.  You don't have to give your name, even if you do, they won't tell who made the report.

newmommie
by Group Admin on Mar. 3, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Quoting aurorabear:

its not so much bruises just more the things he says and the way he acts. Iv never seen a child so terrified to go somewhere.

Quoting newmommie:

Right, I understand, but CPS won't be able to do much with that.  So, I'm saying, if you ever see any bruises or you have any thing more substantial, you can call CPS.

Ashers_Mom2007
by on May. 29, 2009 at 6:33 AM

God that is horrible. I really do hope your nephew is getting out of that hell. The long term damage that is being done is just heart breaking. I wonder if these people even care what they are doing is very harmful. Why is your sister away from her child this much. Why not just give him up if she doesnt want him? Sounds like you are more then willing to take him. Its just not right what he is going through, and I'm very happy your doing something to change that to make his life better.

If your a mother that wishes to be apart of saving children from the horrible death of being forgotten in cars then please join my group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/patrolyourparkinglots
laurenb1
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:45 PM
You are doing the right thing here.. But of I were you I'd try to get temp custody cuz if you don't then they will put this child in foster care. My older sister has my little sisters kid because of neglect issues due to drug abuse. They have to go to court every 3 months to review it but atleast we know she's in a safe and happy home now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN