Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son had to get 3 stitches in his pee pee last night!

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 3:27 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 12051 Total Views

Ya wanna talk about freak accidents?  Please tell me yours and make me feel better about this one.  Last night it was 8:00, I was getting my 2 boys ready for bed as usual.  I was getting them dressed in their room and they love to run around naked and make me chase them to put their clothes on.  Aidan, my 3 year old, decides to jump in his brothers crib naked, and he strattled the crib railing trying to get in it.  He fell hard in the crib and his penis got caught on the top crib rail!  And I guess that when he fell his penis got stuck and it just ripped open a little.  It has a teething ring on it, so I imagine that made it worse.  He cried for a few minutes and I didn't even know anything happened until I saw all the blood on his hands.  I freaked out a little at first and i knew I had to be calm for Aidan because he was freaked out as well.  I asked to see his pee pee and I had to force him to let me see it because it hurt so bad that he wouldn't let me see it at all.  I looked at it, and he had a gash in his scrotum at the base of his penis that when I pulled it to the side it opened up!  I could see the meat on the inside.  It was horrible looking.  I knew he needed to have stitches so I called my husband who works 3rd shift and couldn't get in touch with him.  Then I called my mom, who came to help me out with my younger son.  There was no way I could take both boys to the hospital with Aidan in that condition all by myself.  I needed some help.  So my husband finally came and we had a hard time getting Aidan to calm down in the hospital.  My poor boy kept saying, "I wanna go."  It made me wanna cry.  He had to get 3 stitches and the Doctor said not to worry because he has seen it happen before, but the nurses were a little freaked out by it.  He is doing bettter today and has to get his stitches out in 7 days.  He is taking tylenol and antibiotics as well.

Please share you freak accidents with me!  This is crazy!  I have never in my life seen anything like this happen.  This is grandma holding on the numbing cream.

Jennifer Roman
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nenedawn
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 12:15 PM

mine have never done anything like this, but a few years ago i had seen on the news about a little boy that slipped gettin out of the bath( ones with slidin glass shower doors) and caught is scrotum of the metal guide for the doors and severed a testical.  after i saw that i forced my so to remove the dorrs and metal guides on our tub.

3princesmommy
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Wow!  That sounds like something one of my sons would do, but it's never happened.  We've been in the hospital for my youngest son's broken nose trying to play basketball with his older brothers.  So far, no stitches and the other 2 miraculously have never had broken bones.  Sorry about your son's accident, but glad to hear he's feeling better. 

Joyces3Boys
by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 3:19 AM

The summer Camden turned four, he was running around the house in his birthday suit one day and knocked one of my vases over and fell on top of it. It made a nasty gash in his butt. After hearing him scream I ran in there, saw the cut, and panicked. I put his clothes on him and rushed him to the hospital. Nine stitches later, the bleeding had stopped. If it had been on his weewee I would have been all the more panicked. It's a good thing I didn't get too acted up because I was 8 months pregnant at the time. Hope Aidan gets better!

maggers5555
by New Member on Dec. 21, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Wow, that must have been really difficult everyone! Little boys! Will he have numbing cream to have the stiches out? 

Ms.Blair
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:57 PM

OH!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)