Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom of 3 boys

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 292 Total Views

Hi,

I am 25 yrs old and a single mother of 3 boys 5,4 and 2. I am a RN and am working full time and trying to juggle work and kids and not rely on too many ppl for help due to feeling like ppl can hold something over my head when doing this. I always just wanted my own little family and thought that everything would work out but had the kids and the relationship part turned for the worse and I felt for me and the kids sake it would be best to come back to the area I grew up at with my mother and father. I am living on my own with my children and pay all my bills and finacially am ok and am helping others out in my family, but I am falling in the trap that my mother is continuing to rule my life and I feel like they are taking over the parenting because they pick them up from school and daycare on the days that I work. I want to have family around but I want my parents to just be grandparents and I want my mother to see that I am an adult and can handle things without her always intervening. I feel like this is how she raised me and I have low self esteem and don't have confidence that I can do things because she always had to do it or take it over. I don't want to go to this extreme with my sons but I am scared that I want it to be different that I might go to the opposite extreme.

by on Dec. 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
3boyswhatnoise
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM

hi im dee...

i can completely understand where your coming from. im young too 26!!.i have 3 boys, 9,4,2, and its a crazyhouse..but i cant work becuase i dont have help with my kids. nobody to care for them while im at work my family wont offer to help,, soooooo you are very lucky to have parents that want to be invovled and help you out while you pursue your carrer. i see that u feel like ur mom is taking over, well i have a mother in law that trys to pull that crap, u MUST set the rules and they follow them becuase your are the ultimate you are mom! keep ur chin up honey! your strong! keep chargin and except the help mama

3mom25
by New Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)