Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your boys like doing?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:35 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 190 Total Views
My boys are almost 9 & 8.
They've been getting into helping me in the kitchen and my oldest has said he wants to be a chef, lol.
Well, a few days ago, they were playing with my daughter who's 6, and I hear the boys tell each other, "you pretend you're cooking and I'll pretend I'm doing hair."
I had to giggle to myself and think Oh no! They're around me Too much! Lol
I'm a cosmetologist so they've been with me to work, seen me do several hair services, play with my mannequins and obviously like to help in the kitchen.
For them to play pretend that way only made me realize the influence I've had on them.
DH sometimes says he has to teach them how to be men before they get carried away. I laugh but I tell him they'll be good husbands and fathers. And I point out that's some of the most famous people in the (hair/beauty) industry are Straight men: Paul Mitchell, Vidal Sassoon, Nick Arrojo, the list goes on.
Even chefs: Emeril Lagasse, Gordon Ramsey, etc

Don't get me wrong, they also enjoy sports, wrestling, playing cops/detectives, firefighters, super heroes etc. they're all boy for sure, They're just in touch with their sensitive side because of me, I homeschooled them for a year. And decided to leave my full-time job to start my own business so I'd be there for all of them more.
What do you think? What do your boys find entertaining? If they liked cooking or doing hair would you say anything against it? Would your DH say something against it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
liz.1986
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Both of them love helping me in the kitchen. And Anthony (4) loves to play with my hair, brush it, etc.... He even likes for me to give him a ponytail on the top of his head. DH wasn't too happy about that so we make sure to take it out before he gets home if he wanted on that day. lol.

Chris is into karate, soccer, baseball, golf, and drawing. He loves anime (Dragon Ball Z, Avatar, Pokemon...)

Anthony is a gamer. He loves his video games! He would literally play all day if I let him.

HotMomma2622
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

i have two boys Javon and Curtis. javon is four and curtis is ten. curtis loves  the ocean and loves to go places  he likes to help in the kitchen with cooking and stuff, he loves to ride his bike and play with his little brother and his three dogs. javon likes to play the wii and he also likes to help in the kitchen too. they both like to play at the park and go to the sprinklers. they both like spongebob and spider man.  

teen boy

toddler boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)