Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Controlling 2 young boys as a single mom

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 133 Total Views
I'm in need of some serious advice.
I have 2 boys who are 5 1/2 and 4. There are times they can be the most well mannered boys. Mainly in public or when their grandpa is around. At home, they are little monsters. The main problem I have is they are always making one mess after another. My oldest son us the ring leader and my youngest just follows. I spank, take their toys away, ground them from tv, make them stay inside to clean up a mess before they can go out and play, etc. They continue to do it. There are days where they will literally stay inside all day, receive multiple extra punishments, and still refuse to clean up their mess. I have a friend who has one girl who tells me to do all my cleaning on the weekend and then just do clean up after yourself during the week. It works for her but my boys destroy everything so fast that I can't do that. I used to want more children but the things my boys do make me detest the thought of having more children, depresses me, and gets me to feel like being a mother is nothing but a chore.
I want to be able to do fun things with my boys. Take them out and enjoy being a mother. At the moment I can't due to the extreme messes they make. They'll do it right in
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN