Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Controlling 2 young boys as a single mom

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 217 Total Views
I'm in need of some serious advice.
I have 2 boys who are 5 1/2 and 4. There are times they can be the most well mannered boys. Mainly in public or when their grandpa is around. At home, they are little monsters. The main problem I have is they are always making one mess after another. My oldest son us the ring leader and my youngest just follows. I spank, take their toys away, ground them from tv, make them stay inside to clean up a mess before they can go out and play, etc. They continue to do it. There are days where they will literally stay inside all day, receive multiple extra punishments, and still refuse to clean up.
Please help!!!
I don't enjoy being a mother anymore due to this. I don't look forward to the weekends anymore cause it means I have 2 whole days with my boys.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nenedawn
by New Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:40 AM
hi ssweety. i have 3 boys not in skool yet and 2 that are. the best advice i can give you is to calm down. they are going to make a mess no matter how much you punish them. do they have a bexroom or playroom? if yes then let them play. at the end of the day help them clean it up (without yelling at them the wbole time). its all about your perspective and attitude. they arent monsters they are boys. also ur house does not ( and will not) stay clean all the time. no point in stressing over it. calm down and enjoy ur babies cuz all too soon theyll be grown
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StephanieDLewis
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Hi! I have four boys ages eleven, eight, two, and seven months out of seven children altogether. I know it can get stressful at times, believe me, but stay calm and keep firm. Keep having them clean up after themselves, keep on their manners and good behavior. Just be consistant on time outs or whatever you do. And remember that yelling doesn't help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hazelmae123
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Keep trying. That is all I can say. Remember the way you treat them now is the men they will grow up to be later. Set boundaries but be fair. Don't expect a five year old to act like a twelve year old. Help them learn how to take pride in a job well done. Make cleaning up fun and a game as much as you can. Limit the amount of toys they can take out at once. Set up simple chore charts and give them tons of praise to help them learn. They aren't trying to be bad, they are trying to understand how to be a kid and fit into an adult world. They just want to make you happy and proud of them. Remember to lead by example, example, example.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)