Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm exhausted with my boys...😩

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 267 Total Views
I'm the mom of 3 all boys 9,7 & 9 months. My two big boys suddenly are fighting ALL of the time over EVERYTHING!! Yesterday they were arguing over the name if a store. When I intervened I found out they both agreed on the name of the store, in still not sure what the argument was about. It's not physical fights mainly verbal bashing. I'm soo fed up. They're writing sentences now. They've been in the corner today, had a spanking (yes a spanking) and the sentences. The next step on our list of punishment is loss of all electronics for one week. But they're going to bed soon so hopefully we won't get that far. My point is I'm wore out and I thinks hubby is too. We're good patents with set and posted (yes posted) rules and consequences in each boys room. I never argued like this w/ my brothers. Please tell me we're not Alone...
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
StephanieDLewis
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh no you're not alone lol! I have seven children altogether, my boys are ages eleven, eight, two, and seven months. But all my kids argue and fight with each other every now and then. And i'm not afraid to put em to bed early either lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azn_ladie82
by New Member on May. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Definitely not alone. I have 3 boys as well (8, soon to be 6 and 5). They're always arguing about something or someone is looking at them funny, mean or whatever. Drives me nuts! I would split them up in the house and eventually they'll end up close to each other. I keep blaming my husband that it was his fault he gave us 3 boys, but then I think about having a daughter in the mix would make matters worse. Haha! My sister and I fought all the time, so it was a lot of drama. I see how some little girls act and it boggles my mind sometimes and thank the hubs that he did give us boys. Haha!

Hazelmae123
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

You're not alone. I have four boys, 7,7,9,and 12. They fight over breathing. There are days I can ignore it and days they are in time out or early bedtime. But it comes with the territory. Boys argue and get it out, where as girls stew and supress it. Boys ways are different, but it works for them.

I got a great piece of advice once from a family therapist when I compained at how exhausted I was at all my kids fights and constant bickering and having to always sort it out. She looked at me and said, no wonder you are exhausted--you are doing TOO MUCH. She said it wasn't my job to settle every squabble they had. That by always getting involved, I wasn't helping them learn to settle differences and set boundaries. "HUH? You mean I don't have to be this exhausted!!" She told me to try it. She told me to stop getting so involved and tell them to work it out.

It took getting used to and stepping in if things got out of hand but when they came yelling that he did this and he did that and the other did such and such...I said, "Go work it out." It didn't solve every issue but it sure made a heck of a difference for all of us!! One thing that has worked very well for me is if there is an issue over a toy for example. I tell them to work it out or no one gets it...boy they work out some agreement fast. If they are just fighting, I tell them to go to their room and work it out and don't come out until they do...boy do they sort it out quickly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN