Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get them to stop using potty humor

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 155 Total Views

My 7yo and 9yo grandsons are living us now, and some of their bad behavior that was allowed by their mom has been easy to correct. But one thing that hasn't is their affinity for potty humor. Making comments about "butts," underwear, "farting," "pee," thinking it's all funny, and doing such things as deliberately shaking their bottoms at each other, passing gas loudly, pulling on each others underwear, and urinating on the water meter outside--it's more than I can stand! I cannot BELIEVE they were allowed to act like this, although their mother did not give them love or discipline,, which we give. Do you have any advice on how to get my children to behave.

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
azn_ladie82
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh. I don't want to completely say is a "boy" thing but it seems pretty normal to me. Boys just seem to find everything funny.

Hazelmae123
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I have four boys and they have manners and they know how to behave. They have responsibilities, chores, respect and are all around good kids...AND...they love to fart, burp, stick their bums out, talk about their privates and do all those gross boys things boys naturally do. It used to drive me insane until I had male friend after male friend tell me "let them be boys!"

It took me a long time but I realized that they are boys and I am not. They find humor in things I will never understand. If you think it is only boys...think again...it is a normal socializing behavior and it actually helps them fit in with other boys. Look how many Will Ferrell movies there are out there, it is normal male behavior. Don't try to stop it, just try to contain it to appropriate places and times.

My boys know that I don't want to hear potty talk at dinner. They know they aren't going to have a burping contest in a restaurant. But they also know, I don't expect them to never act like kooky little boy aliens that I just don't understand what was so funny about the bodily sound that just cracked the other three brothers up.

Time and place and learn to laugh even if you don't get the joke.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)