• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nervous!!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:56 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 343 Total Views

So I have my first appointment with Dr. Graber tomorrow morning and I am a nervous wreck!  Hopefully I will hear what I want, that the surgery will cost what they quoted me when I made the appointment and no more and that I can have it in April, but I am afraid that he will tell me it is more that I can afford or that I can not have it done.  Did anyone else have such nerves before their first appointment?? confused

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janice423
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Hi JosieKat,  I know you must be a nervous wreck!  I was most fortunate that my insurance coverage was really good and my process took about two months total.  I was in the company of a few people that have had horror stories to tell about how their insurance companies puts through hoops before the process is even looked at, then you have some others that just say to heck with it and pay for it.  The other great thing about the group I had my surgery through is they do payment plans for people to not give up and make affordable.

I wish you much luck in your journey.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Janice

JosieKat
by Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Janice.  The goo dnews is that I have to pay less than I expected and am set to have my surgery in April!  I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!!

Janice423
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Hi JosieKat,

That's how I as too!  I was so excited couldn't stand it.  I am two weeks Post-op, I am still a little sore and moving slow but I feel so much better.  I went for my first visit yesterday and lost 9lbs. in one week!  My doctor said I should be down 25lbs by this next visit, which is in one week.  Once you get past the surgery it is so worth it.  I had a small hernia and my gall bladder removed as well.  I didn't want to chance having to have it taken out later.  I am on soft puree and ooh oohh it tastes so good.  Not in big quantities, still 1 to maybe 2oz.  I still feel tired but this was still major surgery even though it was done lasproscopically. I have to remember that!

So rest went your body tells you too! 

This journey is really so exciting.

Please post a picture.

dancingJanice

Ma2JennaB
by on Dec. 17, 2009 at 2:13 PM

It is a nervous but exciting journey!  It is the best decision you will ever make.  I have 30lbs left to lose to hit 100% loss and I have 6 pounds to go to hit my 80% they promise in a year-18 months...mine will be reached before I hit the 8 month mark!  I never thought I could look like this let alone know I am going to get even smaller!  Enjoy your journey!

Wife to Mommy to

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them."

Send the man you love out into the world everyday, alive with the belief that he can slay dragons

JosieKat
by Member on Dec. 17, 2009 at 8:33 PM

You both look great!  Ok, as much as I hate pics of myself, here goes. This is my handsome husband and I at a friend's wedding this past August.   As of today my stats are as follows: 5 feet tall, 214 pounds, BMI at 41.  My goal is to not gain any weight before my surgery in April.

bledoux
by Member on Dec. 18, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Quoting JosieKat:

You both look great!  Ok, as much as I hate pics of myself, here goes. This is my handsome husband and I at a friend's wedding this past August.   As of today my stats are as follows: 5 feet tall, 214 pounds, BMI at 41.  My goal is to not gain any weight before my surgery in April.

you guys are the cutest couple!!!! your beautiful

Janice423
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2009 at 9:40 PM

YOUR BEAUTIFUL!  Don't worry about those stats girl they will change dramatically by the time you have your surgery and get along the way!  Stay encouraged!  It is quite a journey!  :-) LOL

high five

Keep encouraged!

JANICE

JosieKat
by Member on Dec. 21, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Aww, thanks ladies you are too kind!  I am very excited!  Trying to drink more water now (I have never drank enough!) , but right beofre Christmas is a hard time to cut back on food!  I have an allergy to the artificial sweetners, so that really limits what I will be able to have after surgery, but I will figure it out and am ready to make the needed changes to be a success!  Happy Holidays! :-)

dorfmama
by on Dec. 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I haven't posted before, but have been reading some of the posts.  I am in the process of getting to surgery.  I had my 1st appointment in October, but my insurance requires 6 months of nutrition/diet counseling before I can have surgery.  I have my 3rd session on the 29th.  I have to show my insurance company that I can lose weight.  I did great the 1st month (almost 10 lbs), but it won't be so good this time.  Between Thanksgiving, a week-long trip to Disney World and Christmas, I am hoping to lose even 1 lb!  I expect my surgery to be sometime around April-May. 

JosieKat
by Member on Dec. 22, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Quoting dorfmama:

I haven't posted before, but have been reading some of the posts.  I am in the process of getting to surgery.  I had my 1st appointment in October, but my insurance requires 6 months of nutrition/diet counseling before I can have surgery.  I have my 3rd session on the 29th.  I have to show my insurance company that I can lose weight.  I did great the 1st month (almost 10 lbs), but it won't be so good this time.  Between Thanksgiving, a week-long trip to Disney World and Christmas, I am hoping to lose even 1 lb!  I expect my surgery to be sometime around April-May. 

That is the dumbest thing I have heard!  If we could lose weight on our own, we would not need the surgery!  You have to love insurance companies!  Hang in there, this is the worst time of year to lose weight with all the goodies and parties around us!  SOunds like you and I will be having our surgeries around teh same time, so next year at this time we should both be feeling better! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)