Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 285 Total Views

I am 5 weeks post op and have not lost any weight in 2 weeks.  I lost 25 pounds in the first 2 weeks and then actually gained 3 lbs and now I am back down to 26 pounds.  I was getting worried that maybe I am eating wrong (not enough or too much).  I am eating the correct foods, I struggle with my protein (I actually have some chicken soup flavored protein coming in the mail) could this be why? 

Has anyone else had the same problems?  If so, what did you do to correct it?  I almost went out and bought a new scale thinking mine was broken.  It's not.

I have felt bloated and thought maybe this was from fiber one yogurt.  I drank Miralax thinking that may help.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
HeatherinFL
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:47 AM

I had a similar experience.  I could never get enough of the good protein that would digest easily!  I lost alot of my hair!  I was getting scared!  What I found was this: predigested protein with the perfect 1 to 1 ratio to carbs - www.advocare4health.net - you will see my picture in the corner.  I had plateaued for over a year before finding these products!  Now I'm down 13 pounds in a month!  Because you are just out, I would recommend the meal replacement shakes that you mix with 8 oz. of water and a few ice cubes.  For the belly - the probiotics restore ultra!  It is a tiny little capsule and it will be absorbed into your system! 

It feels great to be losing again after being stuck for so long!!  I feel good and thus have the energy to do more!  It is a great cycle to be on again!

Good luck!

Heather Dolan

850-215-8707

qtmomof2
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:51 AM

You've hit a plateau ..it's normal! Expect it to happen again every couple of months!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)