Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QUESTION, IM A LITTLE FREAKED OUT AND NEED TO KNOW!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:50 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 273 Total Views

OK so i had my surgery sept 3, 08 its been a little over a yr now. After i had the surgery i had a multitude of problems, starting with an extremely bad infection in the main incision, and ending with gallbladder removal and scar tissue troubles. I havent seen my surgeon since i believe 9 months out, he stopped makeing appts with me i just assumed that was normal, even tho i was/am still haveing pain. IDK really what im looking for with this post, im not even really sure what im asking. after haveing the surgery i spent the 1st about 5-6 months in and out of the ER and hospital due to pain in my abdomen, its right around where the main incision was made and it goes all the way across the top of my tummy right under my ribs. It gets so bad that i cannot stand up straight when it happens. its not happening every day anymore but it does happen once or twice every couple of weeks and it will last for anywhere between hours and a few days. along with this pain i get really dizzy and hotish feeling at times. Does anyone know why this is happening? B4 my surgeon stopped seeing me i asked and asked and asked him what it could be but he just said he didnt know, and kinda acted like i was makeing it up, im not sure anyone could fake this kinda pain. it was almost as if he just didnt want to deal with it anymore so he just stopped. Well now this pain is getting bad again its happening more and more frequently and hurts more and more every time. at first i thought maybe i was pulling the scar tissue that i have but that cant be since sometimes it happens when im not even moveing i could be just laying on the couch and bam its as if my insides are being ripped out starting with my stomach!  anyone else have this problem? do you know how to fix it?? its starting to really worry me like ALOT!

Im sorry if i confused any one i tend to ramble when rambleing isnt needed sometimes its hard for me to keep up with my thoughts. just ask ill answer

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
HeatherinFL
by Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Wow!  I had many difficulties after my procedure but they took my gall bladder at the same time and I truly believe all my issues were because of the gall bladder removal!  Pain this far out is not normal!!  I'm not a doctor, but I am a mom!  I have 3 grown children and 1 still at home.  You need to find another doctor and don't stop until they find out what is wrong!  We are going through similar "undefined pain" with our 22 year old daughter - they have taken her gall bladder, told us Crohns, cysts, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, but nobody can find the exact cause!  I know how frustrating it must be for you!!

Try your best to get good quality protein in and eat the 6 small meals a day with at least 10 grams of protein and no more than 30 grams of carbohydrates.  I had the procedure in Spring 2003 and lost around 100 pounds, alot of hair and became extremely anemic!  This year, we have finally found a product that is now helping me lose the remaining 50 pounds (I've lost 16 pounds since March 3) and I have been able to go off all of my prescription medicines for anemia and I no longer drink coffee!  I have soooo much energy!

you rock

But please don't give up!!  You have made a big step and you need to be pain free!  Don't stop til you get the answer - pain is not normal!!  You keep looking til you find someone to listen and YOU ARE NOT CRAZY!  I know they sometimes treat my daughter awful, like she seeking pain pills, when all she wants is an answer to her suffering! Not a pill!!!!

Good luck!

qtmomof2
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Well..my surgeon sees people every 3 months the first year and then every 6 months the second year ...and the once a year after that. But if you need something inbetween they will see you.

I think if the surgeon doesn't want to see you ..than you should see your primary doctor. Im not sure about the incisions but I experience the dizziness and hot flashes all the time ...and since surgery I am now hypoglycemic. And if you google that ..you'll find it's more common after weight loss surgery than we knew!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)