Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 days post op

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 224 Total Views
And I'm tired all of the time. Is this normal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rissadan
by Member on May. 21, 2011 at 6:34 PM

i think it is. i was tired for the first week, and tired quickly for several weeks after. your body has just been through a major trama and it takes time to heal. between your body trying to heal itself and you getting little nutrients, its normal to feel sleepy.

ledwards484
by Member on May. 22, 2011 at 9:40 AM

I was the same way.  It takes a while after surgery to recover.  The first week all I felt like doing was sleeping.  The second week I was able to do more, but got tired really quickly.  I am about 6 weeks out now, and I feel great!  By the end of the 2nd week or so, you should be feeling really good.  Make sure you are getting plenty of protein, as that will help you feel better.  I hope you feel better soon! 

Aydans_Mommy
by on May. 22, 2011 at 10:13 AM

All I can really eat is right now is jello and broth.

ledwards484
by Member on May. 22, 2011 at 11:28 AM

I think it was into my second week that I was able to eat something besides jello and broth.  I ate a lot of grits after that first week, and now I hate them!  I think it'll be a while before I eat grits again! 

Aydans_Mommy
by on May. 22, 2011 at 10:11 PM

I am just ready to start feeling like me again.

mypookiesma
by Member on May. 28, 2011 at 7:08 PM

It will be quite a while before you feel like "you" again.  The first 6 weeks are the hardest.  It does get better but it is normal to feel tired and exhausted.  It took several weeks for me to be able to do anything other than what was absolutely necessary.

I am 7 months out from surgery and still have times of no energy.  But most of the time I feel fine.  Just make sure you stay hydrated and get all the protein in that you can.  First  3 weeks I was on liquids.  That is the most important thing at this time is sip, sip, sip.

Good luck,

Vickie

Aydans_Mommy
by on May. 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM
Yeah I'm still feeling really tired. I'm almost 2 weeks out. Now I'm dealing with drainage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)