Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie Here

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

Hi my name is Dana. I'm new here and I am just now starting the process for my Gastric Bypass Surgery. I'm here to gain knowledge and to share my experience with people that know what I'm going through on this new journey in my life.

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Alex825
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Hi Dana, 

I just had my surgery 7/16, almost two weeks post op. Took a total of 6 months from start to finish, classes, appointments, weight loss prior, My starting weight was 255, I am 5'6'. Im down almost 20lbs. Just in two weeks after surgery. I never lost any weight before the surgery. I was BAD. lol I feel great, the pain is minimal if you have given birth, this is a cake walk. 

Please feel free to ask any questions!''

PAmi

Kathy112761
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Hi Dana,

Welcome and congrats on getting started on this journey. I'm Kathy and I had my surgery on May 14th, so I'm almost 3 months out, I go back to see my surgeon on August 7th for my check up. Which I am really excited about, because I had my first consultation with him a year ago August. So I know that appointment my starting weigh was 407 pounds, I lost 35 pounds bewteen August and May, and since my surgery I have lost, that I know of for sure 57 pounds but that was at a month ago at my primary Dr's appointment. And I can tell by the way my clothes are fitting I have lost much more. So I'm anxious to see what the numbers are this time. 

It took me about 10 months from start to finish. Then after surgery I did have infection in one of the draining site, and that was really painful, but it only lasted a few days before it started clearing up. 

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Kathy

strictmomhere
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Hi I'm haveing a gastric sleeve on sep 6-2012
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN