Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stretching out the stomach

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 195 Total Views

i had surgery May 15th of this year. I am due to go to my 3 month appointment, and i am putting it off like the plague. I left the hospital at 250ish, and now three months later, i am 222 which isnt a lot lost, i know that. at my 1 month, i had only lost 10 lbs, and he was concerned as to why so little, but didnt suggest any changes. I dont want to go in and have him say what the heck have you been doing.I had the sleeve, so i know i wont be down as much as those with the full gastric bypass, but i still fell like such a failure, i dont even want to see my doctor, i am not adverted to any foods, i WISH sugar put me off or made me sick. Protein shakes were a no go for me, so it was straight to food, i kept testing the waters, oh ill try this, oo i can eat this now, yay....i didnt go through the stages of eating, so i know i messed up there. I have gotten sick from eating too much, but i constantly feel hungry, i find myself snacking all the time. Not that its junk food, but even fruits and veggie overeating, is still overeating. I never feel full.  Also the weight goes down, then back up, then up and then back down, im so tired of the emotional yo yo of me ffeeling like ive already stretched out my stomach again. Has anyone on here had issues with stomach stretching larger than it should sooner than it should? Or is this simply what happens when you have the sleeve?

by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kathy112761
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Sorry I really don't know anything about the sleeve, I had my surgery (Gastric Bypass) the day before you on the 14th of May. I went in for my 3 month last week, I've lost 77 pounds since surgery. I am full all the time, I have a hard time eating as much as they say I should, plus drinking the protein shakes, which I try to have at least one a day. You are losing weight and that's great, try and stay positive about it, every pound lost is wonderful...stay strong....you can do it.

pixiemg1
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Sorry, I don't know anything about the sleeve but I don't know if you can stretch it out.  I do know that with the RNY you can't.  You may want to go over to Obesityhelp.com and ask on the VSG forum. That site is full of very knowledgeable people and I am sure someone will be able to answer your questions.

As far as the eating goes, just make sure that you are eating your protein first and getting at least 80 grams a day.  Also are you drinking water?  I shoot for at least 96 oz a day.   And try not to test the waters.  I know it is hard but you need to change your habits early out so you can be successful and also it helps once maintenance starts.  I have to really watch myself and I of course have those days where I eat way too many refined carbs.  But I have learned the hard way with them.  I have RH (reactive hypoglycemia) which sucks so I try to limit those but that doesn't always work.  If you are going to snack make sure that it is high in protein.  Cheese sticks, lunch meat, greek yogurt, nuts or even a protein shake.  There are some really good blogs that have some wonderful WLS recipes.   Here is a couple:  http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/  & http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

strictmomhere
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Im geting the sleeve after a year and i loose my first hundred ill get the bypass hope you keep looseing weight hun dont give up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linda860407
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM

UPDATE--so apparently i was at a plateau, i stayed in the 220s for over a month which was scary. I am currently 215 with clothes on (and its cold, so i am bundled up) which is so very promising for me. I have committed to making sure i write down everything i eat and drink through the day, i am thinking this is what is helping me most. Something so simple yet if not done will make a difference. I made an appointment for my labs and 3 month check up. Its on the 17th and i am actually interested to see my nutrition labs. HOPE IS NOT GONE!!!!!!!!!

Linda860407
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM

thank you all for your helpful words, you guys are amazing! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)