Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new and nervous

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 191 Total Views
hello everyone im new here I am 5' 7.......320lbs....34 years old I'm gettin
g gastric bypass surgery.november 5...im super excited but very nervous... how did u ladies prepare for the surgery....
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kathy112761
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Congrats, I'm not sure what to tell you about being nervous, I wasn't at all....I was so excited, I couldn't wait for it to happen. I had my surgery on May 14 of this year, so it's been almost 5 months and I've lost 103 pounds since my surgery....I so so happy, and feel so good. I almost postponed my surgery because my Mom died a week and half before my date. But my DH, my son, and my brothers all talked to me and told me they didn't want me to do that, they were there to help and support me through it, I also knew my Mom wouldn't have wanted me to cancel, she knew how hard and long it had taken me to get to that date, and she was excited for me too. The best advice I can give you is keep positive, you will have some bad days but just keep thinking how this journey is going to change your life and health. If you ever need to talk or vent you can PM me or post here. 

luvmyboys2819
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM
thank you i definitly may need to vent thank u soooooo much
strictmomhere
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM
I had surgery sep 11th its not always easy but worth the challange im here if u need to talk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Congratulations!  I read everything I could get my hands on so I was not surprised by anything once the surgery was over.  Just take it one day at a time and it does get easier the further out you are.  I am almost two years out (Dec of 2010) and I lost a total of 125 lbs and I have maintained for the past 8 months.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN