Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newly Bypassed.

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

Hi!

I just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm new to this group and mostly new to Cafe Mom after being a very active old member back in 2005-2007.  I've brought myself here after looking for an active online support group, due to having Gastric Bypass surgery 7 days ago.  I did join one other Wieght loss surgery group and are hoping that one or both of these groups are active.  I have had a hard time finding an active group.

So far its been a long hard week and I'm looking forward to learning by reading old posts and having some connections for questions that I'm sure will pop up in the future.  As of today I've officially lost 20lbs in just one short week.  I'm struggling to get in my 44 oz of water and the 20 oz of protien  drink I need to get.  So I'd love suggestions on that.  The drinks are so sweet, I'm just craving non sweet things.  Sipping V8 between protien drinks seems to help a little.

Hopefully I'll get to check in everyday and I look forward to this group.  :)

Mom to a July '06 Girl, March '08 Boy and November '09 Girl.

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
strictmomhere
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Hi i had it sep 11th how are u now:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ma2JennaB
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I am 3.5 years out from the RNY and I have kept 110 pounds off.  Let me know if I can answer any questions! 

Kathy112761
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Hi, I am almost 7 months out and I've lost 122 pounds so far. I to had a hard time in the beginning trying to get all that liquid in. I took me some time to build up to it. If you have any questions, I'm here for you. Congrats on the 20 pounds.

singlemama74
by Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Hi! My name is Tara and I just got mine done on Monday Dec. 10.
How are things going for you? Tuesday I'm going to my post-surgery doctor appt. I have no idea whatI lost but I'm excited to find out!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)