Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had surgery on Monday!

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 224 Total Views
Hi. My name is Tara and I'm 38yrs old. After waiting over a year, I finally got gastric bypass on Monday the 10th.

I'm lucky to have my mom here to take care of my 5yr old little boy. He is such a ball energy and it takes me forever at this point just to stand up lol I wouldn't stand a chance!

I'm not sure what else to say .... I guess I'm hoping to find other moms who have had this done too.

Monday before the surgery I weighed 396lbs. I go back on the 18th for my first post op check. I can't wait to make sure things are doing what they are supose to be doing. And of course the first weigh in!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
strictmomhere
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Yay congrats i had mine sep 11th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemama74
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:23 AM
How is it going for you? My biggest worry is getting enough protein.
strictmomhere
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Yes protein is my issue i puke it up im down 67 pounds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy112761
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

CongratsTara, I'm Kathy and I had my surgery on May 14th, ohhh it's exactly 7 months ago today...yayyyyy. I have lost 127 pounds since my surgery.  My advice to you is to remember to drink slowly. Make sure you get your protein in. Your going to find some things taste differently now, something you may have loved before you may not be able to handle now, but your a while from that. I know it's hard espeically in the very beginning to drink as much as they want you to do. Just try, but always make sure you drink those protein shakes. If you have any questions or just need to talk please feel free to message me.

singlemama74
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Hi :) I am going to try another type of protein drink. Anything else has to be better than what I have now!
Kathy112761
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I don't know what kind you have now, but this is what I drink and I think it's pretty good and not that expensive. You can get it at Walmart for a little less than $15.00. My favorites are chocolate and strawberry, and what I do is mix a half of scoop of each, for a strawberry chocolate shake. 

singlemama74
by Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Oh no!!! That is what I get lol

Today I mixed some Crystal Lite with it and I didn't gag so that was an improvement!
Kathy112761
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:36 AM

It's going to take time, I couldn't drink it at first either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)