Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2008 at 9:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 857 Total Views
Hello everyone...in case you didn't know...my name is Deb, and I own this group....I bet most of you thought I was a ghost or a bot...lol....no no no....I have been swamped with medical stuff and work, and life in general...Depression is a bad bad thing....I have gained 30 pounds and on a downhill spiral it seems......wanna kick my own butt. I am sick of myself. I have got to get back on track and I am here to tell you its not any easier the second time  around to get rid of the weight. I am 7 years post op oct 3....it's kind of sad actually, that I would let it go this far after all that I went through....sooo ladies.....PLEASE do right, don't take that first cookie, that first sip of cola, that piece of cake....treat it like it is poison. If you don't have good willpower then never start back with the junk, because there is no such thing as only having one piece, one sip, on hunk of cheese.....I don't eat alot of anything....just the wrong things....someone please encourage me to get back on track.....come to my house and slap me, whatever it takes.....HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I am in chat right now searching for a life raft in this drowning sea.

by on Jul. 12, 2008 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Reece_1269
by Member on Jul. 13, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Ok, here we go! I had my surgery on 6-30 and I have made a commitment to myeslf, and only myself, to do this. I hate being fat. I hate how it makes me feel inside and outside.  When other people told me how much the mental stuff stays with you I had no idea how truthful they were.  Could I still eat? You bet I could, but I won't. I want to be happy, I want to feel good, and I want to look good.  Nothing in life comes free and this will be the first time I've tried my dardest to commit without failure.  You have to stay "no", stay away from the sweets, the fats, and the cola.  My favorite thing on this earth WAS Dr. Pepper, but it almost killed me with my weight. You can do this, you just had a minor set back, start over and make it right!  Thanks for this group, it has been awesome!

Shareece

Mom2SydneyJo
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2008 at 7:34 PM
You have gained back 30 pounds, not 300! Girl its not impossible, dont beat yourself up, just take back the ground you lost and do it with pride. You're not a failure unless you do nothing about it.

Just do it..... you did it once you'll do it again, and just think....this time its only 30 pounds.

I am 7 weeks out of surgery and I have about 120 more pounds to lose....a lot more than you do, so go for it and we are all here supporting you.

And I agree--- thanks for making this group, it is nice to have these girls as friends and encouragers!!!
ibdeb424
by Group Owner on Jul. 13, 2008 at 7:59 PM
Thanks Gals....for the encouragement...did it before can do it again.....but the difference is that before...I couldn't eat...stomach was too small, well now its not so it's just like in the beginning before surgery...I can eat what I want....BUT the diference is that I don't want...I don't crave, I just eat because I am depressed.....taking care of that on weds...so hopefully it will help...I REFUSE TO GET BIGGER.....sorry for the scream, just had to get it out. Anyway your words really are a great help...and I wish you  great strides with your journy's. Be well and take pride even in the little steps.

Talk soon

twinmom4
by Group Admin on Jul. 15, 2008 at 4:45 PM
Hey Deb,
  We're sittin in the same boat girl except I gained more then you and am not happy at all. :(    
   I haven't had money but recently threw my hands in the air and ordered some protein drinks and some other stuff to do a 5 day dpt. It's on "Living after WLS" and it takes you back to just after surgery to get you back on track. First 2 days are nothing but liquids(protein shakes, water etc..) day 3 is soft proteins, day 4 firm proteins and day 5 solid proteins. It's suppose to help clense out all the bad food thats been being ate(like carbs) and claims at the end of the week you will go back to just after surgery, meaning: having things like "dumping" immediatly again! Not fun but puts you in check again. Also says you will "feel" your fullness again. Since I've tried everything else and it hasn't worked thought I'd try what your suppose to after this surgery!! Hopefully it will get me back on track.
  Doesn't help to be overly stressed( I stress eat real good!) not only about trying to sell our house(no takers yet!) but had(having) a bit of a health scare to boot. Dr. found lumps in my breast and cervex, not having Ins. it's been a long road finding ways to get testing done. After the 3rd mammogram and ultra sound they now say everything is fine in the breast but haven't been able to get a internal ultrasound on the cervex yet. Waiting on results from an external ultrasound though. We have a long history in our family of cancer and I'm very impatient to say the least about wanting to clear the cervex area!
  Anyways hang in there girl!  We can all do it together!! :)
Sherise
glj29654
by Member on Jul. 16, 2008 at 11:50 AM
I will keep you in my prayers. 

I wanted to ask, can you go back to your doc and could they help with anything?  I know they can't readjust it like a lapband, but I was just curious to know.

Quoting Mom2SydneyJo:

You have gained back 30 pounds, not 300! Girl its not impossible, dont beat yourself up, just take back the ground you lost and do it with pride. You're not a failure unless you do nothing about it.

Just do it..... you did it once you'll do it again, and just think....this time its only 30 pounds.

I am 7 weeks out of surgery and I have about 120 more pounds to lose....a lot more than you do, so go for it and we are all here supporting you.

And I agree--- thanks for making this group, it is nice to have these girls as friends and encouragers!!!

halfpintboling
by on Nov. 17, 2008 at 5:43 AM

I just posted my first post before reading this and I'm in the same boat. The feelings and reasons for wanting to overeat are still thereafter surgery, unfortunately. You'd think after evrerything we'd been thru this would be easier. But as in someone elses response I read, it is 30 not 300 and we have all lost 30 before. It is SO scary to see the scale creeping up again. to see your face filling out, jeans getting too tight, makes you want to cry. Just seeing that I'm not the only one going thru this has motivated me to get his weight back off.  I'll motivate you- you motivate me. That's what this life is all about. Helping each other thru difficulties. Good luck and I'll keep posted on how you are doing! Take care!

**Amber**

angienky
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Ahh...Deb...will say a prayer for you!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN