Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am new

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:33 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

I am new to Cafemom. I had the gastric bypass on Sept. 30th 2008. I have lost just a little over 100 lbs already. I started out at 327 and I am now 220. I feel so much better. I can run agian and keep up with my kids. I am so happy that I did it. My husband is also in the airforce and he is in Iraq right now. He has not seen pics of me since the surgery. I am saving it as a suprise when he getts home in March. He knows I had the surgery but not that I have lost this much. I think the thing I love the most is when my daughter comes up and said that she can almost put her arms around me and touch. I just about cryed.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
daylont
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I had my Surgery during Desert Storm, My husband came home from deployment and when he got off the bus, He walked right past me!! LOL! He didn't not ever recognize me. I lost 105 lbs. Good Luck and Best Wishes for you.

Kristibeth
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:45 PM

That is great..i had mine the 16th and have only lost 85lbs

Luv_my_hubby
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Wow that is awesome congrats to you... 

Smilzsomuch
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:15 PM

That is a WONDERFUL post!  I weigh what you did (shhhhhhhh!) and when I am 220, I look good..but i want to weigh 190-200.

Hopefully my surgery will be approved.

I'm proud for you..and think you surprising your husband is a GREAT surprise! I wish you the best!!

treasuresbytina
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:22 AM

WOW! thats cool! I sure would have liked to see his face!I bet he was suprised!  great job!

Quoting daylont:

I had my Surgery during Desert Storm, My husband came home from deployment and when he got off the bus, He walked right past me!! LOL! He didn't not ever recognize me. I lost 105 lbs. Good Luck and Best Wishes for you.

Victorsma
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:08 AM

WOW!! That's great!  I wish you all the luck, keep up the great work!!!!

natgralukmom
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Thank you!!!

natgralukmom
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Thank you. My husband will be so suprised in March. It was easy for me because it seams the military are just handing them out. I started the whole journey in June of last year and had my surgery on the last day of Sept.

jillof4
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 11:45 AM

that is soooooo cute I love that story..I hope all is well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)