Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is she telling the truth?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:22 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 277 Total Views

My mom is 6 weeks post op after the gastric bypass and she claims that she can eat rice, bread, and tortillas. Is this something the doctor would say she can do?

I love cafemom because I can come on here anytime I want and interact with people from all over the world about any thing that my heart can possibly desire....you rock

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
angel_eyez
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:17 AM

ANYBODY?

I love cafemom because I can come on here anytime I want and interact with people from all over the world about any thing that my heart can possibly desire....you rock

daylont
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:31 AM

I don't know who did her surgery, but I couldn't eat those things 6 weeks out.  I had a hard time with bread two years out. Everybody is different, but that does seem odd.

angel_eyez
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:39 AM

We're spanish so she grew up on rice and breads so she eats it but I'm trying to tell her that it's not safe but she feels if it can go down she can eat it. She's eating small portions but I was under the impression that she could only eat protien, fruits and veggies. 

qtmomof2
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 8:24 AM

She could be telling the truth BUT ...my surgeon says none of that until 3 months post op and longer if you can help it. Those are waisted calories. She needs to focus on protein first. Any type of bread will fill you up faster and before you know it ...you didn't get your proteins in.

dalesgirl2448
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:21 PM

My surgeon said no bread or steak for a year. So im going by that. I dont start mushy food until tuesday. So im excited about that!

jess0930
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:28 PM

i also know a girl who was eating these things about 6 weeks out. Burritos, steak, etc..... i think its crazy. im 4 mo out and still can't eat those kind of things. i feel it is one reason some peoples surgery isn't as effective. they have to learn to eat healthier and rice and bread is a waste. there is no nutrition in it

LiFeOVeRForTY
by Member on Feb. 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM

i'M 2 YEARS POST OP AND STILL WON'T EAT RICE, I HAVE A SLICE OF BREAD AND MAYBE A HALF A TORTILLA, BUT THATD BE IT FOR ME......

Nanci little devil

"When you stumble; Make it part of the Dance."

Libiasmommy
by Member on Feb. 9, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Im pre op but a friend of mine has had hers since Dec 5 2008 and she eats whatever she wants it kinda disgusts me because we went to McDonalds and she got a crispy wrap and a fruit and walnut bowl and ate every bit of it I was like OMG how do you do it and she was even drinking tea I was told thats a no no. I dont k now if i will be able to go out to eat with her after  I have my surgery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)