Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:07 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 282 Total Views
Hi! My name is Shawn, I had my gastric bypass sugery in November 2006. I had my surgery for health reasons as well and I am doing great. I have had minimal complications and I have gone from 309 pounds to 215 currently. My goal is to get to about 160, but my surgeons goal for me is 150. We will see. I have had some struggles with strictures and ulcers but I would not change the fact that I have had the sugery.

I am looking forward to a group of moms that have had the surgery so that we can share the struggles of raising kids and balancing our meals, protein and all the other fun stuff that goes along with WLS.

Shawn
mom of 6
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ibdeb424
by Group Owner on Mar. 28, 2007 at 1:43 PM
Way to go.....outstanding. I had mine so long ago that I tend to forget how much weight I really lost, but I also wouldn't change it. I haven't had any complications to speak of, but I do now suffer from Reflux. My heaviest was 369, and  now I am currently 199, have been here forever, so I lost a total of 170 pds. I do have some issues with loose skin but nothing so drastic that it requires surgery. I could have it done but I am not so sure I want to be cut on again.  Good to see you and I look forward to hearing from you, good and bad, to be happy with you with the good and to hug you with the bad. Keep up the good work,if there is ANYTHING you want to talk about just jump in and I will respond.
Hugs
Deb
eerye70
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 12:30 PM
Hello there. I hear ya on the food. It has been two years for me, and the protein and diet is no longer the struggle it used to be. I just make sure that i get a nice balanced diet with a good lean meat, a nice green veggie and a small portion of carb. I usually wind up eating half the meat, half the veggie and a bite or two of the carb.  I eat string cheese for breakfast or an omelet from eggwhites and at lunch a weight watchers freezer meal that is lower in carbs.  I dont even worry about dinner, i eat what the family is having and just make sure i eat the protein first.  Keep up the good work and it will soon become total second nature, warning, stay away from potatoe chips, at some point you can tolerate them, but it is a trap to get you back into eating whatever you want, just because you can tolerate them, does not mean you should eat them. I have a friend you had the surgery years before me, and she is regaining her weight back, one chip at a time...
justoneson
by Member on Apr. 3, 2007 at 12:44 PM
Hi and Welcome!

I had mine about 4 years ago and I can tell ya the food thing (as far as quantity) gets a little too easy the farther out from surgery you are.  But sounds like you are onthe right track. Congrats on your success!
ibdeb424
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2007 at 4:21 AM
I am finding that I never have time to cook anymore so I end up grabbing a handful of chips and go about my business...I know I know.....I gotta get a handle on this NOW. Before it's too late. I feel like I am spiraling .
HELP
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)