Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome wagon here!!

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2007 at 4:31 PM
  • 178 Replies
  • 4630 Total Views
Welcome all new and old! HA! Lets all try and write a short introduction here again so it's here for everyone to see when everyones had there surgery and such. Please newbies give us a quick intro. onyourselves then go onto new posts if you like! I will make this a "sticky" post so it always stays at the top so everyone can see each others wonderful success stories!!
Sherise
by on Aug. 26, 2007 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinmom4
by Group Admin on Aug. 26, 2007 at 4:35 PM
O.K. I can start!
Hi my name is Sherise, I'm married and have (soon to be) 5 year old boy/girl twins. I had my surgery in June of '03, I had Lap RNY. I had lost 150lbs, but gained some back when I was 20 lbs from goal! Now I have 40+ to lose! It's nice to be here and have some support!!
Sherise
StevnahMom
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2007 at 4:56 PM
Hi all,
I'm Robin and I just joined this forum.  I had my RNY in Jan. 06 and have lost 163 lbs.  I actually now weigh less than I've lost.
Just wanted to say Hi.
Stevnah's Mom

ibdeb424
by Group Owner on Aug. 26, 2007 at 5:36 PM
Deb, Group owner, I started this group for support and never thought there were so many of us out there. But happily there are. I have had many amazing posts here that I certainly can relate to and have made amazing friends that I will love for life. I had my surgery 10/3/01.
I lost half of my body weight but never reached goal. Like Sherise I was 20 pds from it....I got comfortable and actually gained 20 more pounds which makes me 40 from goal. Sooooo I have another journey to take. I lost 150 pds in the first year and I have alot of skin that needs to be removed so although my size is better I am still dealing with how I look issues....Almost as bad as the weight. But I will get there, thanks to all of the support I get from you guys, and even when I read your posts and can find something that hits home to me, it gives me strength. We never know how our words and thoughts can affect someone else's life.
Anyway I didn't mean to get long winded. I have raised my three nieces since they were 6,5,3 with the youngest turning 18 in Nov...Thats another group...lol....can we say CALGON.....the road was rocky and still not there yet...I have been married to my DH for 15 yrs and sometimes feel like i have raised him also. (I won't mention he is 11 yrs younger...shhhh)
Anyway we have had our moments...But here we are 15yrs later still growing and learning. I look forward to many chats, cries, vents, and successes with you guys.
Deb
Jaimef1126
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2007 at 5:39 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Jaime and I just turned 26. I'm from Long Island, NY. I had my Lap Roux En Y Gastric Bypass May 26, 2005 in Chicago, IL at Alexian Brothers Hospital with Dr. Paul Guske. I lost 187 lbs in about a year and a half...and then I got pregnant! lol. So I dont know if I was going to go any lower. I went down to about 170lbs and I'm 6' tall. I never had any complications...but did experience some hair loss and vitamin deficiencies. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat if I had to.  

~~Jaime & Eddie aLwaYs & ForeVeR PaPi~~ Te am0 ParA SiemPrE. Tu eRes Mi ViDa y Mi MuNdo.

Jayden Jose Cruz.... Our baby boy on the way, due September 14, 2007. I love you more already than I ever could have imagined loving another. I can't wait to look into your eyes my little angel. Mommy and Daddy love you!

twinmom4
by Group Admin on Aug. 26, 2007 at 7:47 PM
WOOHOO, hey Jaimie, we had ours done at the same place!!!! I had DR. Peter Rantis!!!!!! I now live in OR. though and Dr. Rantis wants me to go see his friend that does this surgery to, but he's like 3 hours from here!!! He keeps sending me notes asking why I haven't got a check up by him yet! I just laugh and ask "is it on the house"??!!!!!!!!!
Sherise
ibdeb424
by Group Owner on Aug. 27, 2007 at 7:45 AM
I had mine done at MCV Hospital in Richmond Virginia....Dr. Kellum who perfected the laproscopic surgery instead of the full cut did my surgery...I wonder if I was a gueinna pig...lol....if it's ok because I didn't want the full cut.
Anyone else have their's done here?
Bstarshine99
by on Aug. 27, 2007 at 7:57 AM
Hello All!!
I'm Belinda
I live in Baltimore MD
I had Open Distal RNY last July 2006 with Dr. Vanguri
I have lost 160lbs and now also almost weigh what I lost
It's a dream come true!
I feel a lot better and like a better mother now
I can do much more with the kids and my hubby ;)
I too had major hair loss it use to be so thick now it is thin
:( (but worth it )
Then I had some fluid that built up in my abdomen that had to be drained UGH!! Where they took out my gallbladder, they also took out my appendix.
I also suffer from periods where I can't walk and am in extreme pain but they can't figure it out I've been through so many tests but no conclusive answer. Some say sciatic nerve, other say from that fluid so who knows I don't know if its from surgery or not. But I would do the surgery over and over again if i had to. Because this has changed my life for the better.
Can't wait to get to know you all better :)
Belinda
~~~Still new here and trying to set up profile :) ~~~~
Faythinme
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2007 at 9:32 AM
Hi everyone,

I just joined this group.  I had Gastric Bypass in June of 2002.  I have lost 160 pounds.  While ecstatic with the weight loss, I have had a BOAT LOAD of health problems since the surgery.  Keeping myself out of the hospital for any length of time is a proud accomplishment lol.

I had my surgery performed in Northern Virginia where I was born and raised.  I moved to WV in 2005.

I hope everyone has a great week!

http://www.Deaxis.com/rb42

http://www.Faythinme.com

twinmom4
by Group Admin on Aug. 27, 2007 at 9:46 AM

Wow ladies great job!! Belinda and Faythinme(is it Fay by chance?) I feel so lucky I only had one problem from surgery and that was emergancy gallbladder removal! Never been in so much pain in my life! You ladies are doing a great job!
Belinda I'm still losing hair! Actually I know why, I hardly get in any protein, this is bad.... I'm trying to watch what I'm doing but were in a money bind right now so unfortunantly good food and meats are not plentiful in this house at the moment. I never had super thick hair but plenty, now it's pretty thin, very straight.Doesn't take perms well, perms fall out in about 3 weeks. Very fine to. Oh well I'm not winning no beauty contest, so who cares!!! LOL!!!!! I see some pretty funny wigs coming in my future!!!!!!!!
Sherise

Bstarshine99
by on Aug. 27, 2007 at 11:49 AM

I don't get much protein either
I don't drink the shakes
and I stopped taking all the vitamins because my other doctor said she thought i was overdosing on them
(because of my weird symptoms)
But I'm doing great and Happier than i have been in years despite my on and off pain and all that stuff
I think he said i had a hernia too!
But I rather have all these problems I have now than be 6 foot under by 30 years old
I walk with a cane on and off but it is bothering me less and less
And these problems may not be from surgery so I can not and will not completely blame it

Again to everyone thanks for the support :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)