Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome wagon here!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Welcome all new and old! HA! Lets all try and write a short introduction here again so it's here for everyone to see when everyones had there surgery and such. Please newbies give us a quick intro. onyourselves then go onto new posts if you like! I will make this a "sticky" post so it always stays at the top so everyone can see each others wonderful success stories!!
Sherise
by on Aug. 26, 2007 at 4:31 PM
Replies (171-178):
CarrieGemenon19
by on Oct. 11, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Hi- I'm Carrie, and I just got preliminary approval for weight loss surgery. I'm 34, married mom of two- a teenager and a preschooler. I have over 100 pounds to loose, which is complicated by having multiple sclerosis.

Looking forward to chatting with you all, getting the final push I need to do this and make some friends.

MamaEryn
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

My name is Eryn. I am 29, proud wife and mother of two wonderful little men. My surgery date is December 14th. 8 more days!! Pre-op appts Thursday. So excited :)

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Hi,

I'm Augusta, I have been married for almost 6 years. I have two sons ages 34 months and 14 months. I had open RNY 3/19/04. My pre surgery weight was 395 lbs however my highest weight is unknown. I lost 150lbs. I then got married got out of my routine and have now gained back a total of 80 lbs. I am in the process of getting back on track. I know my pouch hasn't stretched. My problem is "grazing". So here's to getting back to my new healthier lifestyle.

herms
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I see that some of you have had complications after your surgery.  I will be 3 months out in 2 weeks and am absolutely miserable all the time..nausea..can't eat or drink.. difficult to force myself to.  So, I'm not getting vitamins and protein.  Is there anyone that has had a reversal/takedown or has any other suggestions.  I am unable to return to my full work schedule, which is hampering finances.

Thanks.

NvyWfandMommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Hello,

My name is Ashley. I am 23 years old, I have a 4 year old son, and have been married to my husband for 4 years!(5 years in July). My husband is in the military and I am a stay at home mom to our son Aiden! I have started the process to get Gastric Bypass surgery and am very anxious/nervous/excited. I have been over weight all my life and have tried every diet know to man. I am tired of feeling like I don't own my body anymore and ready to find me again. I hope to find out a lot of information, get answers to my questions, find support, and start my journey! 

mama2zion
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Hi, I'm very new to here, plus new to talking about this to anyone. I'm 28 years old, and a single mom to the most beautiful 6 year old little boy in the world (and I'm not just biased, it's true).

I have gone through 10 months of pre surgery work, to qualify for my insurance. I still have a couple more steps, but they should be done within the next two months. I'm excited and nervous all in one. I want to do this for me and for my son. Anxious to hear others stories. My mom had gastric bypass 5 years ago, but didn't follow the "rules". She's lost 100 lbs but no more and still struggles with gaining and losing, and is eating full size meals, plus snacks and all. I'm extra nervous because all I've seen is her side effects from not following the directions of gb.

Load me with stories, I'm more than ready! :)

Ashley

Barbara144
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Hi My name is Barbara and I am hoping to get Gastric Bypass.  I am 32 yrs old married almost 10 years and have 3 kids.  I have always battled with weight issues. Im not Extremey Obese at my biggest now at 218 lbs. I am 5'1.  10 years ago I was 195 at my smallest I got down to 160 doing the HCG 500 calorie diet.  That was hell at first but it worked. Quick fix but I gained it all back plus more!!  Now I have diabetes, gallbladder disease ,GERD and other issues. Anyway, I wanted to get the gastric sleeve but my insurance doesnt cover it.  Lapband is a No no because I know of at least 3 people that have had problems with it.  I have done all my evaluations and tests I was required by my doctor.  I got my Surgery clearance Monday and have faxed it over to my doctor.  Now I have to wait for the office to get everything together and submit it to the insurance.  I hope they approve me soon because I have been so ready!!

Barbara144
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Hi there wondering how your surgery went.  I am waiting insurance process.. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN