Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome wagon here!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Welcome all new and old! HA! Lets all try and write a short introduction here again so it's here for everyone to see when everyones had there surgery and such. Please newbies give us a quick intro. onyourselves then go onto new posts if you like! I will make this a "sticky" post so it always stays at the top so everyone can see each others wonderful success stories!!
Sherise
by on Aug. 26, 2007 at 4:31 PM
Replies (161-170):
LyndaStebb
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Hi, I am Lynda, I had my RNY on Oct '10. I am 55lbs down pre consultation. My diabetes is gone, and I have never felt better in my life. I would like to lose 70 more lbs.  I am a wife to an incredibly supportive Man, and a devoted Mom to a beautiful 3yo daughter.

newangel1974
by Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Angel and I had the gastric bypass in oct of 2008 I was weighing 539lbs. I got down to 283 so that was a total loss of 256 lbs and I was happy with that I stand 5 foot 9 inches tall but I was still 38lbs from my goal weight but then I became VERY HAPPY I found out I was pregnant. So I am due may 3rd of 2011 and very excited!!!!!! I am hoping after the baby I can continue the weight loss journey and hopefully make it to my goal of 250 or less. I want to say congrats to everyone with all there success and dont give up. To the people who are thinking of having it go for it because it will change your life for the so much better. I had my bypass by dr mark colquitt in maryville tennessee and he was terrific!!!!!!! God bless everyone and stay postive!!!!!!!:)

ddpagano
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 2:14 PM

I just joined the group. I had my Lap RNY Feb 14, 2011 and am just trying to recover. I'm just now back to pre-surgery weight,and am looking forward to the future! Just wish the gas pains would go away and some muscle spasms on my right side would go away.

mom2kenny
by Member on Feb. 22, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Quoting ddpagano:

I just joined the group. I had my Lap RNY Feb 14, 2011 and am just trying to recover. I'm just now back to pre-surgery weight,and am looking forward to the future! Just wish the gas pains would go away and some muscle spasms on my right side would go away.

Welcome aboard Denise!!!!  I can't wait to see the results of your journey!  With the love and support of your friends and your newly aquired friends here, you should have plenty!  It will be a tough road ahead, but you know you have me and this great group of friends to help you on your journey to weight loss freedom!  Good luck and God bless!

Love ya friend!

Karen

Mom to Kenny, wife to Tom, Independent Pampered Chef Consultant and gastric bypass patient!  Lost 137 lbs so far and I am loving my life!

urthat1chick
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Hi everyone, I'm Jenn :) I am a single mom of 2, 11 and 1. I had the gastric sleeve done on January 26, 2011. So far I've lost 45 pounds and a looong way from my goal but very excited to continue.

chardonaesmommy
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2011 at 11:28 AM

butterfly

Hello everyone. my name is Carmalita, and I am very new here. Within the past week, I have been here, I find myself on this site, most of my day. Here is why I chose this goup: i had the roux en y, Tuesday September 8, 2009. I haven't had NO dumping syndrome ever!!!! I guess I'm doing good then??? My surgery went extremely well, was sent home with liquid vicodin, and used it only once since I got home...I had a gastric ulcer, which is all healed, and i had chronic constipation. Nothing too serious, but I am doing well. There aren't too many foods that I can not eat, but I don't exercise much... I wasn't "big, Big", to start out, but my doc. said it was better for my health.. i started out @ 207 lbs, 4'11'', and my BMI was 39!!! To date: I am 117!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel great. If anyone would love additional support, I highly recommend another site, where I found Extreme support, and it is Daily Strength. I recommend this to all.......Take a look @ my pics and u will see...me!!!!! I would love to make friends here, and I thank you again for having me. Oh, I almost forgot, I am on Facebook, I would like to be your friend there as well. (Carmalita Brent).easter egg

ledwards484
by Member on Apr. 17, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I too was not "big" to start with.  I weighed 199 and am 4'11'.  I have several medical conditions that made the RNY necessary. I had my surgery on April 4, 2011.  I have lost down below my pre-surgery weight, and the main problem I am having is this stinking pureed food diet.  Everything just tastes awful, and I am having to force myself to eat.  I just can't wait for this phase to be over!!  Soft foods I can handle, but this pureed has gotta go! 

Quoting chardonaesmommy:

butterfly

Hello everyone. my name is Carmalita, and I am very new here. Within the past week, I have been here, I find myself on this site, most of my day. Here is why I chose this goup: i had the roux en y, Tuesday September 8, 2009. I haven't had NO dumping syndrome ever!!!! I guess I'm doing good then??? My surgery went extremely well, was sent home with liquid vicodin, and used it only once since I got home...I had a gastric ulcer, which is all healed, and i had chronic constipation. Nothing too serious, but I am doing well. There aren't too many foods that I can not eat, but I don't exercise much... I wasn't "big, Big", to start out, but my doc. said it was better for my health.. i started out @ 207 lbs, 4'11'', and my BMI was 39!!! To date: I am 117!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel great. If anyone would love additional support, I highly recommend another site, where I found Extreme support, and it is Daily Strength. I recommend this to all.......Take a look @ my pics and u will see...me!!!!! I would love to make friends here, and I thank you again for having me. Oh, I almost forgot, I am on Facebook, I would like to be your friend there as well. (Carmalita Brent).easter egg

LEA ANN EDWARDS

Mom to 4 wonderful boys, married to the best guy in the world. 

MichelleS126200
by on May. 30, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Hi everyone. My name is Michelle. I am 24, will be 25 tomorrow. I am the mother to an angel in heaven who would be 6 and my lil merical who is 4. I am considering having gastric bypass surgary. I have tried every diet i can find and nothing helps. I am more than 150 pds overweight. My BMI is like 50. With my insurance you have to do 6 consecutive months of supervised weight loss so i am getting ready to start that. You also have to go to a seminar with i have already schedualed. I go for the seminar on June 22. I am hoping to find lots more info on the surgary, and know exactly what im "getting my self into" and how to handle things by the time it is time to have my surgary. Its nice to meet everyone and im looking forward to all the support threw this part of my life.

Michelle

Aydans_Mommy
by on May. 30, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Hi. I'm Steph. I'm 28 years old. I'm a single mom to a 3 year old little boy. I had my RNY May 17th,2011. I am 2 weeks out. I've lost 21lbs so far.

jacobs_mom_03
by Member on Sep. 28, 2011 at 7:10 PM

hello everyone, my name is Heidi. I am the mom of two very active boys almost 8 and 3. I will be getting my date for gastric bypass within a week or so, I was 150-160 lbs over weight, having a hard time keeping up with my boys. But since i have started the program at eastern maine medical ctr. i have lost just about 35 lbs and feel alot better. I am super nervous about the surgery but i know it will be worth it in the end. My hubby is also going through the program.  I found one of the best things i learned at the support groups is one lady said Ladies do yourself all a favor once you lose a bunch of weight get a new bra it will make a world of difference. and after losing the small amount i have a new bra has made me feel like a new woman :-)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN