Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 or more years out

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 213 Total Views

I am looking for anyone who has had the gastric bypass 5 or more years ago. I am trying to see if anyone has had any major health problems since it? Anyone that I can talk to would be great. I am not the one who had the surgery but I am related and am trying to help her out. Thank you in advance

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
pamkay414
by Member on Apr. 10, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I work as a medical transcriptionist and I have done some medical reports of people who are about 3-5 years postop and have serious problems, the last one that I did was of a woman, 35, who had life threatening pancreatitis.  I worry about that happening but I went into this knowing there was as risk of complications.  I weighed the risks of not having it, staying the weight I was with the strong family history of heart disease, cancer, etc and decided that the possible risks postop were worth going forward with the surgery.

victoriagebhart
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Hi my name is Victoria and i am new to the group but this May 26 it will be 13 years for me and i have had no problems at all...I know of women who have major problems but luckly i never  had any issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)