Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just so you know

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2009 at 2:15 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 590 Total Views

Just so everyone knows...I am still alive and well, and I do check on the group often.  I started this group years ago because I wanted to talk to others who may have gone through what I have with the surgery.

It's good to hear what others go through or don't go through to get some insight for those who may be considering this surgery. It is an forever thing. No turning back.

I have had great success with my surgery and I am heathier than I have ever been. No regrets.

People are different and their body may react differently to some aspects of the surgery. Some may dump, some may not. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean that it can't happen. Some go through with no side effects whatsoever, some have eatting issues well after their surgery.

One thing I will not tolerate on this group is people judging others for what they believe is going on with their bodies. I will shut this group down before I let anyone tear it apart.

It is for help and understanding only.

Walk a mile in someone else's shoes then maybe you will understand what they are going through.

Those of us who have had the surgery can answer others questions who may be considering the surgery. We are not her to talk people into it, or talk them out of it. It is a personal choice.

I had my surgery 10/3/2001

And if you are not a Dr, then you cannot say what should be or shouldn't be just because it did or didn't happen to you. Your opinion is valued. Share with others your experience, but don't tell them they are wrong, or that they should or shouldn't feel the way they feel.

I will be monitoring more closely because I have had some complaints about certain people in the group, and I have no problem with making this an application screening group and get rid of the negative.

(with that being said I will now get off my soapbox)

Deb

by on Apr. 21, 2009 at 2:15 AM
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)