Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

almost 2wks post op and i have a question....

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:25 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 190 Total Views

how long did it take you ladies to be able to resume normal daily activities with out pain? all of my incision have all closed and are healing great. but i still have pains like underneath the skin (if that makes sence) around my incisions. especially when i go to get up or sit down. how long does this usually last??

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Ma2JennaB
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:19 PM

It seems 3-4 weeks was my time I did not get much more pain.  2 weeks is not a long time for what we went thru!  Take it easy- you will feel better real soon!

OWNER OF: Where's Aunt Jodi (Jon & Kate Plus 8)

New Group:  Fox Reality Show More to Love (click to join!)

TX_Mommyof2
by Member on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:21 PM

How are you feeling now? Is it getting better? My surgery is in 3 weeks and I'm wondering how long I'm going to have the pain!

Jessi875
by Member on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Quoting TX_Mommyof2:

How are you feeling now? Is it getting better? My surgery is in 3 weeks and I'm wondering how long I'm going to have the pain!

i am feeling great! i am still a little sore under one incision, but the doc says that it is normal and could last a while since it is my largest incision and they had to stretch quite a bit there. but i dont have pain any where else! im on my pureed diet now and it's going pretty good. i'm 3.5wks post op and i've already lost 30lbs!! WOO HOO!!

TX_Mommyof2
by Member on Sep. 9, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Wow congrats on 30 pounds.. THATS AWESOME. :)

Pureed food just sounds nasty. hahaha. Not looking forward to that. Did you have your surgery done at a military hospital?

Quoting Jessi875:

Quoting TX_Mommyof2:

i am feeling great! i am still a little sore under one incision, but the doc says that it is normal and could last a while since it is my largest incision and they had to stretch quite a bit there. but i dont have pain any where else! im on my pureed diet now and it's going pretty good. i'm 3.5wks post op and i've already lost 30lbs!! WOO HOO!!

Jessi875
by Member on Sep. 10, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Quoting TX_Mommyof2:

Wow congrats on 30 pounds.. THATS AWESOME. :)

Pureed food just sounds nasty. hahaha. Not looking forward to that. Did you have your surgery done at a military hospital?

Quoting Jessi875:

Quoting TX_Mommyof2:

yes i did...and u are on my friends list silly lol. im here at ft. campbell lol! i had it done at BACH and my surgeon is AWESOME!! the pureed part is not that bad. like tonight for example, i sauteed pork chops and them baked them with tomatoes and mushrooms and garlic and a little bit of cheese. Then i cut one chop in half and put it in the food processor with the tomatoes and stuff. it was sooo good haha

mama2conor
by on Sep. 13, 2009 at 9:30 PM

My recovery went pretty quickly in comparison with other people.  By 2 weeks I wasn't feeling too bad.  I was still a bit weak and couldn't overexert myself.  I was out walking down the block about a week post op.  I don't know if that had anything to do w/ it, but its the only thing I can think of.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)