Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey is there anyone that has a GOOD protein shake, I want to give up meats, but find that I can't find a protein shake that I like. Any suggestions would be great. I tried putting orange juice with it to supposedly taste like a dreamcicle...NOT....anyway Thanks in advance for the suggestions
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 12:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
ibdeb424
by Group Owner on Apr. 13, 2007 at 9:44 PM
Thanks  For the info I think I may try that
aidenwsmom
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2007 at 1:03 PM
I use Champion Whey Stacker.  I only like the chocolate flavor though, and its the only one I really  drink, after 4 years.  My surgeon has us drinking 4-5 protien drinks a day regardless of what we ate.  i don't, but still, I try to get in 1 or 2.

I get my protien from www.vitalady.com.

I also get my vitamens there too, simply because its one stop shopping, from someone who had the surgery years before I did.

Kris
ibdeb424
by Group Owner on May. 17, 2007 at 8:43 PM
 OK I tried most of your suggestions....and I have found out..I HATE PROTEIN SHAKES...lol....so I just stock up on peanut butter and beans and stuff....wait I didn't try adding peanut butter.....lmao....I will get back to you guys
CelestesMommy
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I know this thread is old, but I figured I'd add my favorite here.  I'm currently on the liquid only portion of the diet and without this I woudln't be able to survive!

"Hot CoCo"

• 1 Scoop Original Chocolate Unjury Protien powder
  • 8 oz skim milk
  • 3 tsp unsweetened hershey's baking powdered chocolate
  • 2 Tso Splenda
  • Dash  of sugar free vanilla syrup (found in coffee isle of the grocery stores)

Blend all in a blender and then heat on stove while constantly stirring till it just starts steaming.  The tempature should be cool enough that you'd feel comfortable giving it to a toddler.  Any hotter and the texture changes funky.

It's very very good!

CelestesMommy
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:08 AM

BUMP!

Ma2JennaB
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM

The ONLY Protein drink I am tolerate to this day (3.5 years) is Atkins.  I add cocoa, splenda, frozen fruit and greek yogurt and give it a whirl in my bullet blender.  I have two every day (one container plus a little lactaid added makes two bullet cups).

Linda860407
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:39 PM

i hated the 'creamy' chocolate or vanilla proteins. I drink only the clear ones, theres K20- kellog makes it, you mix a packet with water. Ive only seen the strawberry kiwi kind- however this is only 5g of protein for 2 cups of water (not a lot) But Isopure is the best (for me) - i just cant afford to buy it all the time anymore. Some flavors are too sweet for me- some are just right, just have to experiment. -40g protein in a 20oz bottle. ... google 'isopure blue raspberry' to see the pre-made ones you can get at the store

mommyof1234
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Hi had my bypass about 10 years ago. Did wonderful lost all the weight. Six years ago had a baby. I've gained about 40 pounds. Any one know a good way to take it off? Any advice on what I should be eatting ? I do need to start walking more..
Linda860407
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Vega One. totally vegan 15g protein. I buy mine at super suppliments. since surgery i cannot have any dairy. Whey producs mess with me really bad. 

Ur2ndchance
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I usually mix Syntrax Nectar, lemon ice tea flavor with Diet Snapple peach tea. Tastes pretty good. I've also been getting into the latte flavor mixed with decaf coffee and home made sugar free syrups. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)