Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recommendations in midwest

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 1:21 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 301 Total Views
I don't know where you all live, but I thought maybe we could start some recommendation posts. Our family of 5 enjoys camping in our pop-up.  In Indiana I guess our favorite place is McCormick's Creek SP (Near Bloomington, IN).  In Pennsylvania (not quite midwest, but close enough) Rickett's Glen SP is awesome. And in Ohio, Hocking Hills SP.  The last two have waterfalls and wonderful rock formations. The first is a wooded area with nice partially paved trails and a cave the kids like to go through (a tight fit for grown-ups).

Any places you recommend?
Mary
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamacheeks05
by Group Owner on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:04 PM
I live near Pittsburgh, PA.  We have went camping in the mountains of PA and also went camping by the beach.  We are planning this summer to camp in Canada by Niagra Falls and at Frontier Town, Ocean City, Maryland.  Right now we only tent camp, but do plan in the neat future to buy a pop up?  Do you know of anyone that has went camping at Disney?
volFFwife
by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 12:21 AM
I've been camping at Hocking Hills SP in Ohio.   It is so beautiful there!!  We are planning to go back there this summer.  I have also been to Brookeville lake in Ind.  Not the best place I've been but it was still fun. 

76kendra
by on May. 10, 2007 at 7:39 PM

We camp quite often at a number of places here in Illinois.  Lake Shelbyville has some excelent camping.  If you boat, the lake is very big, and sometimes choppy.  We also camp at several smaller campgrounds such as Morine View State Park, located just south of Bloomington,IL.  They have a very SMALL lake, but there is a nice little beach for swimming.  I do eleive there is a no wake policy there, but great fishing.  They have the BEST camp showers we've ever been to!  Our favorite place is at Clinton lake.  About 30 minutes south of Bloomington,IL.  The campground is Moscuotin (spelling?) State Recreation Area.  They have about 200 sites and it is super nice!  The lake is medium size, and great for boating!  They have a large beach and a fabulous little dinner called the Boondocks.  There are several parks and sites that lead down to the water!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)