Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scentsy: WAH doing something you love

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:25 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 81 Total Views

What is Scentsy?

If you are looking for a home business that will give you extra money, flexible hours and unlimit potential, I'd like to talk to you about Scentsy.

Scentsy is a 4 year old direct sales company that stresses simplicity, value and authenticity. We sell electric warmers.  These warmers come in over 45 different styles and use a 25 watt lightbulb to warm the wax. We offer over 80 different scents along with room sprays and car candles.

Company is based out of Idaho and still fairly new to the East Coast.  We are looking for consultants in all US states and there are no territory limitations.

Benefits of Scentsy warmers over candles:

No flame

Wax warms to only a few degrees above body temperature, so it will not burn you if touched

No soot or toxins: Our wax doesn't evaporate, so only the fragrance is released into the air.

Value: Our warmers are attractive and our wax last 2-3 times longer than typical 20 ounce jar candles. Invest in the warmer once and you will save money in the future.

Wax: Each bar of wax lasts between 80-100 hours for just $5.00 per bar!

Authentic: Our warmers can't be bought in stores, the designs are original and there are styles for every decor.

How do I get started?

It's simple, first, log on to my website at www.scentsy.com/bshaw and take a look at the online catalog.  Then, you can either join my team from there, or contact me (I suggest you do this) for more information about the business. Feel free to email me at rsbj2@aol.com with any questions.

Start up:

The start kit costs $99.00 and contains everything you need to work your business including, catalogs, order forms, a warmer, room spray, car candle, bar of wax, tester jars of all 80 scents, manual, free website for 3 full months (just $10 per month after that) training, access to forms and templates along with personal training from myself.

How do you sell Scentsy?

We are a party plan company, so we do home parties, basket(catalog) parties, fairs and expos, individual order, fundraisers and internet parties. Some sell Scentsy just to buy for themselves, friends and family.  Scentsy will fit into whatever  goal you have set for your home business.

You can choose what works best for you.

Are there minimum sales to stay active?

Scentsy keeps it simple.  We know that our consultants are busy, that's why we only ask that you place a minimum order of $150.00 once in a 3 month period.  This can be 1 party, or a combination of individual orders.

Are there dress codes, speaches to memorize, huge catalogs to review?

NO. Scentsy allows you to be  yourself, whatever that may be. You set up your business in the way that fits your personality. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable and there is no pressure to sell.  Our catalog stresses the simplicity of our product. Warmers, plug ins, wax, room sprays and car candles. That's it.

Do I have to keep inventory on hand?

No. You can strictly sell from your website, or from your catalogs and place orders as they come in.  If you choose to have inventory on hand, that's fine to.  It's up to you.

Compensation plan:

We get paid once per month and you are paid a commission based on your rank and sales within the company. We have a structured bonus system that rewards people for growing a team while they continue to grow their own businesses.

My history with Scentsy:

I have been an Independent Consultant with Scentsy since 2006 and became a Director in November 2008. I have watched this company grow from a small company of about 1,500 consultants to a company with over 20,000 consultants in just 2 years! I have team members throughout the country and work very hard to maintain a close working relationship with each of them.  My goal is to focus on the individual needs of my team and work with them to help them reach the goals they have set for themselves.  People enter this business for all different reasons, so I make sure to try to focus on what you want from your business and then work with you to establish a business plan that will help you. I offer monthly training calls and am always availalbe by phone or email to work with anyone individually if they would like. I have been blessed by this business and have had the opportunity to earn extra income, but more importantly, I have had the chance to meet so many wonderful people that I never would have known had it not been for Scentsy.

I'd love to speak with you about what you are looking for in a Home Business and discuss how Scentsy may be right for you.

Feel free to contact me at www.scentsy.com/bshaw

Thank you

Barbra Shaw

Independent Scentsy Director

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)