Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Holiday

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 204 Total Views

What is your favorite holiday and what do you love about it?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mylilladybug
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:07 AM

Christmas because of Jesus of course and the gathering of family.

jhg374
by Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I must say that I love Christmas. There isn't much about it that I don't love! I love Christmas music, all the smells, Christmas trees, being with family, love decorating, love the colors, love snowmen and playing in snow, love the cold (without it being too wet hee hee), and most of all I love what it represents and what we remember and celebrate! I love that it is the birth of my Savior! Knowing that without that monumental day and moment in time, I (we) would not be living free from the curse of the law, and it wouldn't have been possible for me (a Gentile according to Biblical terms) to have a relationship...period!  Nor would it have been possible for me to have a passionate love relationship with God! What an awesome time and thing to celebrate!!

What I don't like about the season of Christmas is the substitutions.... the X instead of CHRIST in the word CHRISTmas and Santa taking the place of Christ. Meaning that in the world today it is Santa who the focus is all about, Santa who is celebrated in the way that Christ should be celebrated. Those are the substitutions that I do not like about CHRISTmas. Yet thankfully, just because our society has gone as far as trying to take Christ out of Christmas the reality has not changed! Christ still is Christmas and always will be, no matter what satan tries to do to diminish Him!

Wowzer... I just wrote a book on the simple question what is my favorite holiday! Sorry ya'll! Thanks for your sweet patience with me! LOL

MANY blessings!

Hollie

Carrie5683
by Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I love Thanksgiving because I love to cook and I love that its in the Fall..and it kicks off the Christmas season so I begin  to have Christmas excitement and anticipation

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)