Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you wear tank tops in the summer? how do you feel about it?

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 811 Total Views

I think God is convicting me. My hubby thinks i look sexy in tank tops the spaghtti strap kind but i think its too revealing and could lead other guys to sin and think in pure thoughts kwim?? I was asking my bible study leader about this and she said if we are inticing men to look at us its a sin what do you think??? 

by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JxoHottPinkkGal
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I wear them around the house only. My husband thanks they are too revealing too and will not let me wear them outside of the house.

NannyB.
by Member on Jun. 8, 2011 at 9:06 AM

I wear them at home, but when I go out, I put on a short-sleeved shirt over my tank top and wear it like a jacket, unbuttoned.  I don't wear the really low cut tanks at all, but I do like the coolness and being able to get sun in the backyard.  Putting on a shirt is quick and looks nice for a quick run to the store. 

starbeck96
by Member on Jun. 8, 2011 at 9:20 AM

I don't wear them.  I am very conservative in the way that I dress and the way that I allow my kids to dress.  I will not even a wear a bathing suit w/out shirt and shorts over them.  I am raising my daughter the same way. 

I agree with your Bible Study leader.  My husband also loves that I am so conservative in the way I dress.  I know that I cringe everytime I see another woman dressed in revealing clothing and my husband or teenage boys are with me.  It is not that I don't trust my husband, but I don't want him seeing anyone else's goods..lol. I also don't want my boys to start having impure thoughts because of what a woman/girl has on. 

I used to wear them at home occasionally when my boys were very young, but I have not worn one in years.  My boys are 13 so I dress in front of them just like i would in front of anyone else. 

siobhan06
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2011 at 9:56 AM

In the summer I pretty much live in my bating suit and tank tops. Or one or the other. We had an incident recently where my husband said someone was looking at me inappropriately at Wal-Mart when I was in my tube top so right now my husband is having mixed feelings about my wardrobe. (I didn't see it, but if my husband is uncomfortable with it, I would of course stop wearing them.) 

He hasn't said anything lately though so I still live in my bikini top until he says otherwise. In my mind, it's better to be cool than really hot. We live in Texas where it's 100 degrees by noon. 

I don't see anything wrong with them, but that's just me :) 

starbeck96
by Member on Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Quoting siobhan06:

In the summer I pretty much live in my bating suit and tank tops. Or one or the other. We had an incident recently where my husband said someone was looking at me inappropriately at Wal-Mart when I was in my tube top so right now my husband is having mixed feelings about my wardrobe. (I didn't see it, but if my husband is uncomfortable with it, I would of course stop wearing them.) 

He hasn't said anything lately though so I still live in my bikini top until he says otherwise. In my mind, it's better to be cool than really hot. We live in Texas where it's 100 degrees by noon. 

We live in AL and it has been super hot this summer.  We've had a few days where we saw some 101 degree weather days.  We also have high humidity levels to go with it..lol.  When we go outside, we usually play in the water hose first to stay cool while we are outside..

siobhan06
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Ugh, so you feel my pain lol We were at the pool all day today and just now got home. My whole family lives in our bathing suits during the summer. We stay nice and cool too, but when we go out I like to wear as little as possible. Not to be sexy or to show off what no boobs I have (lol!) but just to stay as cool as possible in the heat we're in. 

Quoting starbeck96:

Quoting siobhan06:

We live in AL and it has been super hot this summer.  We've had a few days where we saw some 101 degree weather days.  We also have high humidity levels to go with it..lol.  When we go outside, we usually play in the water hose first to stay cool while we are outside..

klbluejays4
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 9:18 AM

In our home My husband has the final say. He allows me to wear them but he likes the kind that you wear a bra under so he bought me some to those. He likes them to fit not tight that it cuts in and shows to much but fit so I am not falling out. Just talk to him and ask him what he prefers and what makes him happy and I would go with that.

sweets719
by Group Owner on Jun. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

I only wear them around the house (as long as we don't have company). I'd have to say that I agree with the Sunday school leader that you talked to. If it intices a man (maybe its something that we wear or the way we act like hugging all over someone or being flirty) then it's a sin. Of course we don't always know what intices a man but once we are aware of it, it falls on us to correct it.

:) Of course we aren't talking about the extreme guy that can be inticed by seeing a woman wearing a burlap sack!

sweets719
by Group Owner on Jun. 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Quoting starbeck96:

I don't wear them.  I am very conservative in the way that I dress and the way that I allow my kids to dress.  I will not even a wear a bathing suit w/out shirt and shorts over them.  I am raising my daughter the same way. 

I agree with your Bible Study leader.  My husband also loves that I am so conservative in the way I dress.  I know that I cringe everytime I see another woman dressed in revealing clothing and my husband or teenage boys are with me.  It is not that I don't trust my husband, but I don't want him seeing anyone else's goods..lol. I also don't want my boys to start having impure thoughts because of what a woman/girl has on. 

I used to wear them at home occasionally when my boys were very young, but I have not worn one in years.  My boys are 13 so I dress in front of them just like i would in front of anyone else. 

I agree whole heartedly with what you have said. I have 3 boys and I'm always thinking about what they are seeing. My boys are still very young and I do wear tank tops around the house. But I haven't thought about how I may need to change that as they grow older. Thanks for bringing that up. :)

starbeck96
by Member on Jun. 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Quoting sweets719:

Quoting starbeck96:

I agree whole heartedly with what you have said. I have 3 boys and I'm always thinking about what they are seeing. My boys are still very young and I do wear tank tops around the house. But I haven't thought about how I may need to change that as they grow older. Thanks for bringing that up. :)

Thank you... Most people think I am crazy.  It is just a conviction that my husband and I have.  I also don't allow my boys to run around in their underwear.  They did when they were younger but we put a stop to it around the time they were 7 or 8.     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)